Let’s see the “rockin’” presents Santa brought you.

Here layeth Scott, upon receipt of his PS Silver Sky with Dave Gilmour mods

Oh what a glorious world that would be...besides..an SE version o would suffice...cause I'm easy to please...sigh, if only.

Excuse me.. I'm gonna cry n the car now.

Thanks @dmatthews ! I looked at them and almost pulled the trigger on a couple of others for almost a year.

Yes. It's a Mid-depth and yes, this is the Elite TX1778. It has the OP-Pro Pre-amp, as well as the upgraded pickup. The neck is a 10" radius with a soft "V"with a satin finish that is rediculously good. I wanted a USA version the "Elite T" it has an Ebony board and bridge instead of stained rosewood like the TX. The TX is Korean and since Ovation closed their plant in the states. They have a Custom shop version thats is almost identical...but...they retail for around 1900 US. I just couldnt justify the difference in price.

The build quality is killer on this one. The mid-depth is extremely comfortable, but they have a Super Shallow and well as a Deep Contour back. The cut out on the DC from what I gather, is a little better suited for uh, plus sized, more robust in the center folks. They also do a D-Scale version.

They seem to be a very polarizing guitar in general, but they really split the crowd with the "None More Black" look of the TX.

I dig it personally, the wife not so much...she says it looks angry.

I still want a PRS acoustic and hopefully after the next shoulder surgery, my range of motion will be improved enough to drape my arm over a more traditional acoustic. Either way the O is a keeper!
I love my O too. I have had an affliction for them since the eighties and swore some day I would get one. Last year I finally did. It may be used, but it is an Ovation, and it is mine.

I like your equalizer settings!
Hah yeah they look a bit odd but I was using it with a few pedals to make these weird FM radio type layers on something I was recording, if that make any sense. Typically I just use it in the traditional V shape to give the Express some scoop.

q22ialv.jpg

I decided to move my SC 250, so Santa brought me a black aluminum Bogner Atma Combo to keep my EG3 from getting too lonely. Three channels, switchable tube and solid state rectifiers, 60s/70s/80s preamp voicing, and 1/5/18 watt attenuation. Man, what a great little amp! The 1-watt mode lets me turn it up to 5 in the living room without bothering my wife or daughter.

The elves apparently had too much egg nog and dropped it off the sleigh a chimney or two before mine, which is probably how it managed to slip to me on the naughty list. It has a new rear baffle, tubes, and transformer, but the rear edge of the aluminum frame bears the scars.

For real! I don't know or do I need to...what made her suddenly resign as the "Guitar Nazi" but far be it from me look a gift...ginger in the mouth. The best part is...it's actually the 2nd one she has given me? Man, I really hope I'm not terminal. Meh, if I am, I should proably start laying some ground work for #3 HELLO DGT! How you doin?

Well, my wife didn’t buy me a whole guitar for Christmas; you’re doin’ way better than me. ;) But a neck was what I needed, so that’s what I got. And the gift was her idea, so again, it’s pretty darned cool.

An Ovation hasn’t been in my hands in years. Always loved them, especially when the bowl stayed attached. :D Those problems were gone years and years ago...I joke! Seriously, that’s a great comfortable stage instrument so sitting and playing should be a breeze for you. Enjoy the hell out of it, buddy. :cool:

Well, my wife didn’t buy me a whole guitar for Christmas; you’re doin’ way better than me. ;) But a neck was what I needed, so that’s what I got. And the gift was her idea, so again, it’s pretty darned cool.

An Ovation hasn’t been in my hands in years. Always loved them, especially when the bowl stayed attached. :D Those problems were gone years and years ago...I joke! Seriously, that’s a great comfortable stage instrument so sitting and playing should be a breeze for you. Enjoy the hell out of it, buddy. :cool:

Hey, had it been some strings, cables, picks, or anything guitar related I would have been ecstatic...she really stepped up...I earned it...I put my dirty clothes in the hamper AND I take out the trash...and she doesn't even have to ask...most of the time.:p

Dude a neck is a touchy thing to by as a gift. You go on with your bad self Mrs. Boogie!:D wait did you give her a part# or did she just know what type of you like ? If she can order from the hip...I want to nominate you as the luckiest forum bro ever! If not no biggie sounds like you already won the wife lottery.

It is super comfy seated on either leg. The only thing I've had an issue with is, when I wear yoga pants it slips a bit...easy fix...no pants...fixed...BOOM! I'm a natural born problem solver...it's a gift.;)

q22ialv.jpg

I decided to move my SC 250, so Santa brought me a black aluminum Bogner Atma Combo to keep my EG3 from getting too lonely. Three channels, switchable tube and solid state rectifiers, 60s/70s/80s preamp voicing, and 1/5/18 watt attenuation. Man, what a great little amp! The 1-watt mode lets me turn it up to 5 in the living room without bothering my wife or daughter.

The elves apparently had too much egg nog and dropped it off the sleigh a chimney or two before mine, which is probably how it managed to slip to me on the naughty list. It has a new rear baffle, tubes, and transformer, but the rear edge of the aluminum frame bears the scars.

Good snag on the Atma. I have a head and 1x12. Love it!

Hey, had it been some strings, cables, picks, or anything guitar related I would have been ecstatic...she really stepped up...I earned it...I put my dirty clothes in the hamper AND I take out the trash...and she doesn't even have to ask...most of the time.:p

Dude a neck is a touchy thing to by as a gift. You go on with your bad self Mrs. Boogie!:D wait did you give her a part# or did she just know what type of you like ? If she can order from the hip...I want to nominate you as the luckiest forum bro ever! If not no biggie sounds like you already won the wife lottery.

It is super comfy seated on either leg. The only thing I've had an issue with is, when I wear yoga pants it slips a bit...easy fix...no pants...fixed...BOOM! I'm a natural born problem solver...it's a gift.;)
Ugh...you made me imagine yoga pants. :eek: Officially off the Xmas card list (the one that I once thought about making). Dammit, another gag line reflex again! :D

Hah yeah they look a bit odd but I was using it with a few pedals to make these weird FM radio type layers on something I was recording, if that make any sense. Typically I just use it in the traditional V shape to give the Express some scoop.
and the plot thickens!

I got 3 new pedals for Xmas. The 2 on the bottom right and the one on the top right. Have been fooling around with settings for the past week. It is amazing how different guitars take to the pedals differently.
DSCN6027.jpg

Love the KokoBoost!

Reactions: CVS
Love the KokoBoost!
I tend to rotate pedals on and off the board every 2-3 months or so, but the KokoBoost has been on the board for the last 3 years. It gets used a lot! Someone who's name begins with an "L" and is a frequent contributor to this forum recommended the pedal to me ;).

I tend to rotate pedals on and off the board every 2-3 months or so, but the KokoBoost has been on the board for the last 3 years. It gets used a lot! Someone who's name begins with an "L" and is a frequent contributor to this forum recommended the pedal to me ;).

That's the same way I needed up with mine.

Reactions: CVS
Back