Let’s see the “rockin’” presents Santa brought you.

YaZxwdb.jpg

This f@cker turns two today.

Dude! So sorry I missed it...been in holiday hell..I told the ginger I thought his B-day was the 24th and I probably missed the #1 wedding anniversary as well....so here's a belated Happy Birthday to Paco! Straight up adorable man! Congrats on making it through one year of ...forrrreeeevvvvveeeerrrr....woah, when ya say it like that....hmmm?
Nevermid...carry on...

For real congrats buddy!

Hold up don't get all puffed up.. I had to have a shallow bowl because of the gimp shoulder. Plus, it's a gift from the Ginger Goddess!!! I think she's finally catching on...that or I only have days to live and nobody's told me? o_O
moXIHJM.jpg

One of my friends got my son this:

cwGUJcR.jpg

It’s an actual print by Bob Gruen of a popular picture of The Clash on their way to their Shea stadium show. It looks kinda wonky because he framed it quickly in the rice paper wrapping.

Don’t know if he’ll like it as much as me but... I’ll do my best to teach him about “The only band that matters”.

One of my friends got my son this:

cwGUJcR.jpg

It’s an actual print by Bob Gruen of a popular picture of The Clash on their way to their Shea stadium show. It looks kinda wonky because he framed it quickly in the rice paper wrapping.

Don’t know if he’ll like it as much as me but... I’ll do my best to teach him about “The only band that matters”.

NOW THAT IS AWESOME!

Hey! How the hell did I miss that? I thought I was the only one around here that believes their contribution to music changed the world? Hands down...my go to "desert island" album.

Nice! Now, don't turn your back! Somethings up!

Are you kidding?! I have started zig zagging thru the house and if i hear siverware being moved...I go into my "squirrel crossing the street" mode. I mean, I love eating crayons and licking windows as much as the next @Alnus Rubra . But I didn't get to be this ripe old age by being unaware of my surroundings and staying in a constant state of hyper-vigilant. She buys me so much as pack strings. I'll have to raise the threat level from Orange past red straight to Defcon....I dunno 7, 8 14 whatever. The treat is real.

Last edited:
Santa thought I'd been a good boy. This thing's freakin' incredible:

box.jpg

unbox.jpg

Heck yeah! That's cool!

So, about this "nice" list. How exactly does one go about moving from the (if you're me) "perpetual not so nice list". Hmmm????o_O

Asking for a friend....

Last edited:
Hold up don't get all puffed up.. I had to have a shallow bowl because of the gimp shoulder. Plus, it's a gift from the Ginger Goddess!!! I think she's finally catching on...that or I only have days to live and nobody's told me? o_O
moXIHJM.jpg

Nice! Now, don't turn your back! Somethings up!

Oh yeah, this woman is definitely laying out her alibi. “But I just bought him a new guitar. Why would I do...that to him after that?”

That is cool!!!

Thanks Dave! I really dig the whole "none more black aspect" of it, but I get that, It seems to be w. Not to mention...the neck is really something special...soft "V" and man does this baby really sing! Really shines when you plug it in too.

I wish one of the PRS Acoustics would have been a better fit for me! I get it..totally...it's me... not you...kind of thing.

Thanks Dave! I really dig the whole "none more black aspect" of it, but I get that, It seems to be w. Not to mention...the neck is really something special...soft "V" and man does this baby really sing! Really shines when you plug it in too.

I wish one of the PRS Acoustics would have been a better fit for me! I get it..totally...it's me... not you...kind of thing.
Always wanted an Ovation. Does it have the round/bowl back? What size is it? Is it a TX?
She's purdy dude.

moXIHJM.jpg
Fantastic! And all kidding aside, a gift guitar from your significant other is a higher level of ‘special’. Now, getting her to repeat the gesture can be a chore.

Always wanted an Ovation. Does it have the round/bowl back? What size is it? Is it a TX?
She's purdy dude.

Thanks @dmatthews ! I looked at them and almost pulled the trigger on a couple of others for almost a year.

Yes. It's a Mid-depth and yes, this is the Elite TX1778. It has the OP-Pro Pre-amp, as well as the upgraded pickup. The neck is a 10" radius with a soft "V"with a satin finish that is rediculously good. I wanted a USA version the "Elite T" it has an Ebony board and bridge instead of stained rosewood like the TX. The TX is Korean and since Ovation closed their plant in the states. They have a Custom shop version thats is almost identical...but...they retail for around 1900 US. I just couldnt justify the difference in price.

The build quality is killer on this one. The mid-depth is extremely comfortable, but they have a Super Shallow and well as a Deep Contour back. The cut out on the DC from what I gather, is a little better suited for uh, plus sized, more robust in the center folks. They also do a D-Scale version.

They seem to be a very polarizing guitar in general, but they really split the crowd with the "None More Black" look of the TX.

I dig it personally, the wife not so much...she says it looks angry.

I still want a PRS acoustic and hopefully after the next shoulder surgery, my range of motion will be improved enough to drape my arm over a more traditional acoustic. Either way the O is a keeper!

Last edited:
Fantastic! And all kidding aside, a gift guitar from your significant other is a higher level of ‘special’. Now, getting her to repeat the gesture can be a chore.

For real! I don't know or do I need to...what made her suddenly resign as the "Guitar Nazi" but far be it from me look a gift...ginger in the mouth. The best part is...it's actually the 2nd one she has given me? Man, I really hope I'm not terminal. Meh, if I am, I should proably start laying some ground work for #3 HELLO DGT! How you doin?

For real! I don't know or do I need to...what made her suddenly resign as the "Guitar Nazi" but far be it from me look a gift...ginger in the mouth. The best part is...it's actually the 2nd one she has given me? Man, I really hope I'm not terminal. Meh, if I am, I should proably start laying some ground work for #3 HELLO DGT! How you doin?

Here layeth Scott, upon receipt of his PS Silver Sky with Dave Gilmour mods, he turned up his toes in joy!

Alas he will not be forgotten!!;)

Back