Les Paul Jr DC lookalike new product request.

Geoffrey Wheeler

I'm a big admirer of the old Les Paul Junior double cutaway guitars, compact light, classic design 50's hotrod look. Harley Benton makes a cheesy sounding clone, good appearance but inferior sound. PRS should make a close LP junior DC lookalike model with flat body and simple, closely symmetrical double cuts. Not like PRS SE Mira, in which one cutaway has a big scoop, the other not, and its clunky complex shaped pickguard with ugly white stripe edges. Make a pure black pickguard, featuring simple curved shapes like the Gibson LP JR. High gloss dark cherry finish, not textured/matte. Put 2 modern "double-row" humbuckers on it, same as your SE guitars, all black color and black mount/bases to match the pickguard. PRS style headstock would look ok with it. Black control knobs and switch. Price it in the affordable SE range, under $1000. I'll be among the first customers to buy one immediately.

So more or less an S2 594 thinline but with a shorter top horn. Personally I prefer the normal PRS double cut look. And it definitely needs the PRS scoop!

It my eye the S2 Standards live in this spiritual realm. I played Les Paul Specials for years until discovering these. All mahogany with a stripped-back, plain appearance.

The Mira looks more like an SG. The OP sounds more interested in the look of the LPjr... the PRS guitars Paul was making before he blew up looked like LPjrs

FTA_PaulsFirst12002b.jpg

I just saw a pic of that guitar in a From the Archives on the PRS channel. Very cool. No one said PRS wasn't influenced by Gibson

Eastman makes a REALLY nice one. Great woods, accurate shape, light weight and components. Has an ebony fingerboard, a Faber wraptail, Gotoh tuners and a Lollar P-90. I love mine.

I wish PRS would make a Santana model, flametop, flatop, wraptail, single dog ear P90, Santana neck carve, Santana headstock, Phase 3 tuners.

Eastman makes a REALLY nice one. Great woods, accurate shape, light weight and components. Has an ebony fingerboard, a Faber wraptail, Gotoh tuners and a Lollar P-90. I love mine.

I wish PRS would make a Santana model, flametop, flatop, wraptail, single dog ear P90, Santana neck carve, Santana headstock, Phase 3 tuners.
I'd be all over one of those. I bought a set of Lollar Single for Hum that I plan on dropping in my 2nd Westie. This video sold me on those pickups.

Back