Les can you pls ban my acct

We're not them, as I'm sure you know. We're your friends.

I'd like you to stay here, and I think I speak for all of us.

Why not come here for reassurance and comfort? Can't have enough friends in this world.

If you do need to take a break, then come back here when you're ready. We'll welcome you.

-K

I'm sorry you had to deal with such nonsense. I hope you don't let it get to you too much.

It would be nice if you didn't leave this place, but if you want a break from online craziness that's completely understandable.

I wish you the best of luck with everything you have going on in the next few months.

We'll be glad to catch up if/when you feel like returning.

Best Regards

Sorry you are going through that, and I hope you don't let it get to you any further, put it behind you, and come back when life is settled. And peek in for some grooviness and a hello from time to time.

If it helps at all, long ago I decided not to let such internet attacks get to me--although easier said--because people who engage in such activity likely have more awfulness in their lives than I would wish on them. And, more importantly, there are groovy, nice, helpful, intelligent people which deserve focus and attention.

Or maybe I am in need of a break.

On the other forum they tore me from stem to stern all because this guy and his cohorts didn’t like women on the forum. He was so nasty to me. I have been sitting here all afternoon thinking about his cold and calculating words. I really don’t how anyone can be so mean. I am sorry I am a woman and I am allowed to cry. He made fun of my future pursuits, me personally, name calling and the list goes on. Man’s inhumanities to man. WHERE WERE THE MODS??? Have to give myself a big hug and tell myself everything is okay. They’re just idiots with nothing better to do then harass me.

Les don’t cancel me. I will just take a really long break.
I only loved that you will take break after this terrible experience.

Some humans must denigrate others heavily to make themselves feel good. IDK how this happens, for people to be this way.

Your Random thread was genius! Take some time away and recharge. They are just words on a screen in the end.

It's unfortunate at best that the anonymity provided by the internet is what enables the worst attributes of humanity.

I've found the forums provided by the manufacturers tend to behave more like a supportive community. Then there are the potential hellscapes like "that equipment webpage" or worse, the YouTube comments section.

I'm still fairly new here but everyone has been so gracious and welcoming I'd hate to see anyone go. @Lola, please take care of yourself first and hope to see you back soon.

You know what’s really strange is that I have gone out of my way for some of these ppl. Bent over backwards to help them and NONE of those ppl stuck up for me. That is why I have major trust issues. Who the h$ll do you trust.

I know it’s the internet but I am still reeling from this. How can another human being be so cruel to another. Morals and scruples come into play.

Group hug! ❤️See you in June.

Hang in there (and here!!) Lola! Don’t let the bastages get you down! Most of humanity is good of heart, those who need to tear down others to inflate their own self importance aren’t worthy of our energy. Be good to yourself and know you are welcome and cared about here. Peace and Love. ❤️

I don't know what forum you are taking this abuse on but if I were on it, I would gladly come to your aide.

COVID seems to have created an exponentially larger number of keyboard warriors. Some people seem to just set in front of their computer and see how many people they can get a rise out of or get worked up to the point of going off. I have never understood this behavior. I think it is people that have nothing good going on in their life trying control something in a world where they have no control over anything else. I used to get really ticked off at these posts and could feel my heart rate go up and my anger rising.

Then this though dawned on me.

Don't let some internet troll that knows nothing about you or your life get you worked up. You don't know them and they don't know you so don't give them any power over your real life.

I give them no power anymore. I also use the ignore function on these forums. When I see people posting inflammatory stuff, I just add them to my ignore list. It is only a matter of time before what they are doing will involve you. I wouldn't choose to be friends with someone like that in real life and I sure am not going to participate in their shenanigans on a forum.

Sorry to hear you are going through so much at once! I hope things improve for you and your husband and that you have an outlet to help recharge your spirit.

Back