Left handed player has a short question.

Shane Hebert

So I found a right handed signature Mark Tremonti PRS on sale for a great price and I'm willing to buy it. However problem is I'm a lefty haha. So i was wondering if PRS would be willing to flip the guitar for a left handed player if I sent it in. And if so around how much do you think it would cost?

New to forums I apologize if this is not the right place for this question.

Call or email PTC sounds like something they could do ( hell they made a 12 string into a killer 7 string )
just depends on how much you are willing to spend

Yeah, depending on what you mean by "flip" you might be better off ordering a new private stock lefty Tremonti. If you just want the strap button moved to the lower bout and a lefty bridge installed with a new setup, that might not be too crazy pricewise, but if you mean actually making it a left handed body style (which I am guessing is what you mean, since an upside down singlecut would be almost silly, and rather difficult to play any sort of leads on) you're talking about a full body replacement... at that point, all you're saving is the neck, hardware, and electronics... That's like saying you found a deal on an old Mercury Capri, but you'd like to replace all the body panels to make it a Ford Mustang. Better off to just buy a Mustang.

Dude, you can flip that yourself! Get a new nut, work the intonation at the bridge, move the strap button to the lower horn, done!

From one lefty to another, if you have a hankering for a PRS, you should look for a more symmetrical offering, like a Santana.

Also, I am selling my lefty Custom 22. PM me if you are interested.

Back