Left handed player has a short question.

Discussion in 'PTC - PRS Tech Center' started by Shane Hebert, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Shane Hebert

Shane Hebert New Member

So I found a right handed signature Mark Tremonti PRS on sale for a great price and I'm willing to buy it. However problem is I'm a lefty haha. So i was wondering if PRS would be willing to flip the guitar for a left handed player if I sent it in. And if so around how much do you think it would cost?

New to forums I apologize if this is not the right place for this question.

2. guitarfan85

guitarfan85 New Member

What do you mean exactly by "flip"?

3. Rider1260

Rider1260 New Member

Call or email PTC sounds like something they could do ( hell they made a 12 string into a killer 7 string )
    just depends on how much you are willing to spend

4. generation zero

generation zero New Member

Yeah, depending on what you mean by "flip" you might be better off ordering a new private stock lefty Tremonti. If you just want the strap button moved to the lower bout and a lefty bridge installed with a new setup, that might not be too crazy pricewise, but if you mean actually making it a left handed body style (which I am guessing is what you mean, since an upside down singlecut would be almost silly, and rather difficult to play any sort of leads on) you're talking about a full body replacement... at that point, all you're saving is the neck, hardware, and electronics... That's like saying you found a deal on an old Mercury Capri, but you'd like to replace all the body panels to make it a Ford Mustang. Better off to just buy a Mustang.

5. cosmic_ape

cosmic_ape Plays too many notes!

Dude, you can flip that yourself! Get a new nut, work the intonation at the bridge, move the strap button to the lower horn, done!

From one lefty to another, if you have a hankering for a PRS, you should look for a more symmetrical offering, like a Santana.

Also, I am selling my lefty Custom 22. PM me if you are interested.