Least Favorite Guitar Care Chores

I hate adjusting pickups.
What am I hearing?
How would I know? My ears are blown!

It’s better now, with hearing aids.

Used to be the only indication I had that things were too off were the people wincing out to about the tenth row.

I hate cleaning the dust off all the guitars that i leave hanging on the walls

In my best Upper Crust voice, "I've got people for that". :D

Not really. I hate dusting,but those little Swiffer thing make it better. Actually, anytime I can get working on guitars is good in my book. That means I am doing something I enjoy, and ignoring all of the responsible things I should be doing!

I hate cleaning the dust off all the guitars that i leave hanging on the walls

Okay, I have a four pronged plan of action. Quick and simple, but very effective.

Step 1: take all unplayed, dusty guitars down from wall hangers.

Step 2: Place said guitars in a sturdy and well padded shipping container.

Step 3: Ship said guitars to me.

Step 4: Stand in the corner of shame and think about what you have done. Then write 1000 sentances...I will not let my guitars collect dust or feel unloved ever again. Got it? Good?

Yeah, I know it's a brilliant plan, Meh, I'm a natural born problem solver...it's kinda my thing. It's a gift. :p:D

Soldering.

Yeah, I'm actually not allowed to use ANY tools that plug into any electrical outlet. I mean dang man! The fire trucks show up one time and the everybody looses their sh!t...geeze...friggin lighten up people...besides...I'm almost positive that eyebrow and that ear will grow back....eventually...I think.o_O

Serg...Same. I absolutely suck at soldering...
but I love adjusting truss rod, intonation, etc...maybe cuz I know its saving money from paying someone else to do it = more stuff for me!!!!

Intonation.

(And trying to remember which way to turn the truss rod! I think I'm at the point where I'm going to get custom truss rod covers made that are engraved with instructions. o_O)

Last edited:
Back