le Tour starts Saturday

Mine too. I used to watch the recap show that is on at 7:00 (CST) every day, as much for the landscape as the race. Now that I am exclusively working from home, I watch live everyday.

With the passing of Paul Sherwen there will be a silence. It wasn't a proper Tour until he would say something like "He's dancing on the pedals" or "He's showing a suitcase full of courage". He will be missed.

With the passing of Paul Sherwen there will be a silence. It wasn't a proper Tour until he would say something like "He's dancing on the pedals" or "He's showing a suitcase full of courage". He will be missed.

Wow!!!! Last December???? I totally missed that. So sad. I loved Phil and Paul. Just won't be the same. I watched a couple of other races at a couple of points since then, and noticed those two weren't calling them, but didn't think anything of it. Just bummed........

I don’t know if he can win, but I have to pull for the Canadian Rusty (Michael) Woods.

A few years ago I rode the time of the stage winner every day. It’s mind boggling how much work they do to finish the race.

I'm not sure he saw Teunnisen on the outside at first, and by then the momentum shifted. Good start.

Agreed. Funny thing on the local Chicago NBC news tonight. Sportscaster says, "Tennyson has the Gold Jacket after the first stage of the Tour of France." Huge eye roll from me.

Back