Lazy Vibrato Bar

Sculptair

Hey, the vibrato bar (sorry Leo) on my custom 24-08 is a bit lazy. When I move it out of the way and point it at the guitar strap lug it doesn't stay put. Instead it rotates down over the tone and volume knobs which gets in the way. I've asked it nicely but it won't listen. How do I make it stay put?

Isn't there a small allen screw that holds the bushing? I could be wrong (the one on my CU24 stays in place so far). Would expect it to be that OR the bushing itself.

If your bushing is worn out, PRS sells a tremolo update kit so you can make it like new.

Yep, just a minor tightening of that really tiny set screw / worm screw (back of bridge) using the smallest Allen wrench in the kit. Less than a quarter of a turn should be all that is needed, if that.

Not sure many know this secret, but if you look at the back of the trem, there's a tiny little hole that has a tiny little screw in it. If you turn it a tiny little bit with the tiniest allen wrench that came in your case, it'll snug that bar right up.

Ssssh... don't let anybody else know!

Back