Latest Project

Same. I get laughed at, but several times the old gloves have paid off.

Yep, even with gloves, just fractured the tip of my ring finger 2 days ago stacking large rocks in my yard.
Didn't get that sucker out of there quick enough....crunch! :confused:

They were 50-60lb rocks so I don't think gloves mattered anyway.

I still don’t have feeling in my middle left finger tip from the nerve damage. It feels like I have superglue on my finger tip. Lucky to still have the two fingers though. It could have been way worse.

Dang, what a fun thread! Can’t wait to see the end result. I too just ran across this as I’ve taken some time off from the forums, or at least cut back a great deal.

Yep, even with gloves, just fractured the tip of my ring finger 2 days ago stacking large rocks in my yard.
Didn't get that sucker out of there quick enough....crunch! :confused:

They were 50-60lb rocks so I don't think gloves mattered anyway.

Ouch! Hope your recover soon.

I still don’t have feeling in my middle left finger tip from the nerve damage. It feels like I have superglue on my finger tip. Lucky to still have the two fingers though. It could have been way worse.

Nerve damage/pain sucks, hope things get better soon.

Dang, what a fun thread! Can’t wait to see the end result. I too just ran across this as I’ve taken some time off from the forums, or at least cut back a great deal.

Welcome on board Vaughn, thanks for joining the party.

Would have been so great to have all/some of you to christen the room with a drink and some jamming!

Maybe if any of you visit Scotland sometime, you’d all be welcome.

I managed to trip and fall onto the step frame work, before the decking boards were put on. Luckily my forehead and nose stopped my fall.

Reminds me of a guy on a radio show I listen to. He came in one week and told a story about working in his attic. He stepped over at one point and said, "I missed the joist and my foot went right through the ceiling. Luckily, my testicles broke my fall."

Reminds me of a guy on a radio show I listen to. He came in one week and told a story about working in his attic. He stepped over at one point and said, "I missed the joist and my foot went right through the ceiling. Luckily, my testicles broke my fall."

Trying not to laugh out loud as I’m in a strangers house!

Tip from my old AF jet engine mechanic days - take off your watch & any rings when working around equipment, especially if you're up on a ladder, stand, or scaffolding. We were shown pictures in tech school of guys with the meat torn off their fingers when not obeying that rule.

Tip from my old AF jet engine mechanic days - take off your watch & any rings when working around equipment, especially if you're up on a ladder, stand, or scaffolding. We were shown pictures in tech school of guys with the meat torn off their fingers when not obeying that rule.

Yep I wear no jewellery or watch!

My Dads pal was a clarinetist until he caught his wedding ring finger, during a climbing accident.

Thanks for the advice.

Back