Latest Project

Just an addition to this, for when the room is finished.

I will be making cabinets for my cased guitars to be stored in. They will be on wheels (at least one lockable wheel), so they can be moved around the room if needed.

The tops of the cabinets will double as PA speaker stands, for space saving.

I had an idea to make a storage unit for the PA amps and desk as well, so it can be used in situ. Again this will be on wheels for ease of moving.

Just ideas that I’m floating around at the moment.

I want this room to be practical, but also a cool place to hang out with friends and it has to be multi purpose, so it’s not all about the music all of the time.

Here is a cabinet I designed last year for my guitars. It never made it off the ground as the lady of the house shot it down, but I think it is a good design and a guitar cabinet maker who I contacted about building it said he thought it was really cool, even though he could not participate in it's construction for logistics reasons. I envisioned it as modular, with the left, right and center being separate pieces. It would have gone against an all mirrored wall (formerly my girl's dance studio) so the back wall of guitar area was going to be clear so that the mirror could reflect the backs of instruments. And yes, I know there are zero PRSi in the cabinet here, which is due to the fact that as of last year, I owned zero! Anyway, if anyone is interested, I am happy to share the 3D model with you if you want to use it as a starting block for your design ;~)) Plenty of unfinished work in this concept, but a good starting point IMO. Best of luck AR!

GuitarCabinet03.png

Here is a cabinet I designed last year for my guitars. It never made it off the ground as the lady of the house shot it down, but I think it is a good design and a guitar cabinet maker who I contacted about building it said he thought it was really cool, even though he could not participate in it's construction for logistics reasons. I envisioned it as modular, with the left, right and center being separate pieces. It would have gone against an all mirrored wall (formerly my girl's dance studio) so the back wall of guitar area was going to be clear so that the mirror could reflect the backs of instruments. And yes, I know there are zero PRSi in the cabinet here, which is due to the fact that as of last year, I owned zero! Anyway, if anyone is interested, I am happy to share the 3D model with you if you want to use it as a starting block for your design ;~)) Plenty of unfinished work in this concept, but a good starting point IMO. Best of luck AR!

GuitarCabinet03.png

Thats really cool Moondog.

Merci de me faire rire

(I cheated and used Google translate, if it doesn’t make sense!;))

I'm going with..."Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crasscrenbon-fried-digger-dingle-dangle-dongle-dungle-burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-apple-banger-horowitz-ticolensic-grander-knotty-spelltinkle-grandlich-grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-nürnburger-bratwustle-gerspurten-mitzweimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shönendanker-kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm.

I'm going with..."Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crasscrenbon-fried-digger-dingle-dangle-dongle-dungle-burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-apple-banger-horowitz-ticolensic-grander-knotty-spelltinkle-grandlich-grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-nürnburger-bratwustle-gerspurten-mitzweimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shönendanker-kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm.
You won the nonsense prize! :D

Back