Latest Project

Amazing, AR! I'm blown away.

One thing to be aware of acoustically is that a square room will have modes, so lots of peaks and null points in the frequencies below 200 Hz or so. You'll probably want to plan for some bass traps at some point. Since you're so handy, making them will be a snap for you.

Yes I will be taking advice from you further down the line as I’m finishing the interior. Please :D

This is an awesome build, I'm so jelly!

For HVAC, I'd consider a mini-split system. I'm also pretty active in a Home Theater build forum, and that's a go-go solution there too.

Thanks Doug. If that’s ok I will probably pm you for some help. Thanks

Wow! My back is hurting just looking at those pics. Darned great work, buddy! Listen to Les about those bass traps and the neighbors (more likely Mrs. AR) will complain less. Keep the carpet pad thick and the carpet thicker…your feet will thank you later. Heck, go with shag carpet (means something TOTALLY different over there…or does it?) and let the fun begin.

Wow! My back is hurting just looking at those pics. Darned great work, buddy! Listen to Les about those bass traps and the neighbors (more likely Mrs. AR) will complain less. Keep the carpet pad thick and the carpet thicker…your feet will thank you later. Heck, go with shag carpet (means something TOTALLY different over there…or does it?) and let the fun begin.

Good ol' 70's shagpile carpet - takes me back to being a kid at Grandma's house - Dark brown, and deep, they were super cool grandparents :D

Good ol' 70's shagpile carpet - takes me back to being a kid at Grandma's house - Dark brown, and deep, they were super cool grandparents :D
My parents had dark red/orange shag in the den in the house I grew up in. House built in ‘69, that carpet felt good to sit in. We had to rake it! Then it got tossed for boring Berber. :rolleyes:

My parents had dark red/orange shag in the den in the house I grew up in. House built in ‘69, that carpet felt good to sit in. We had to rake it! Then it got tossed for boring Berber. :rolleyes:

We drew patterns in the grandparent's shag by smoothing the pile this way and that :D Memories!

Bwahaha!!

Yeah we have 240 volts instead of 120v, that’s about the only difference!:p

So you just have to run two wires instead of one each time. Piece of cake!

tenor.gif

Back