Latest Project

Sorry I’m late to the update. :eek: Glad everyone is ok! This is why we have basements in our area (used to be known as “tornado alley”). Scottish weather amazes me.

Love seeing the snow! It’s not the kind of snow we experienced, but it looks Christmasy!

Short story. We were staying at the Ardoe House outside of Aberdeen. The manager (who was hilarious and a wonderful soul) said - among other things - “you’re here just in time…we’re expecting snow!”. The next morning, sitting at our nook next to the window facing the back meadow, behold…Scot’s snow! We looked at each other, looked at the 2” accumulation of small hail pellets and started laughing. It was beautiful! The charming understatement of rather extreme weather followed us throughout our trek across the Grampians up to Inverness. “Those roads in the mountains might be a little slick”. “There might be a wee bit of fog”. “Expect a brisk breeze”. Translation: ice covered and impassable, fog so thick you can’t see your hand in front of your face - much less drive, and a flippin’ hurricane blast! :D I love your country!

Sorry I’m late to the update. :eek: Glad everyone is ok! This is why we have basements in our area (used to be known as “tornado alley”). Scottish weather amazes me.

Love seeing the snow! It’s not the kind of snow we experienced, but it looks Christmasy!

Short story. We were staying at the Ardoe House outside of Aberdeen. The manager (who was hilarious and a wonderful soul) said - among other things - “you’re here just in time…we’re expecting snow!”. The next morning, sitting at our nook next to the window facing the back meadow, behold…Scot’s snow! We looked at each other, looked at the 2” accumulation of small hail pellets and started laughing. It was beautiful! The charming understatement of rather extreme weather followed us throughout our trek across the Grampians up to Inverness. “Those roads in the mountains might be a little slick”. “There might be a wee bit of fog”. “Expect a brisk breeze”. Translation: ice covered and impassable, fog so thick you can’t see your hand in front of your face - much less drive, and a flippin’ hurricane blast! :D I love your country!

Some years ago when I reported to a team in London, I came in one morning to a bunch of messages from people in London saying they were working at home due to the weather. Knowing that none of them drove in (all tube riders), I was curious to see what had happened, and found headlines like "London hit by heavy snow" and such. I clicked on the article and saw...4". Four? Considering we'd had something like 27" a couple years before that, it didn't seem that bad! But their system isn't really prepared for that.

Some years ago when I reported to a team in London, I came in one morning to a bunch of messages from people in London saying they were working at home due to the weather. Knowing that none of them drove in (all tube riders), I was curious to see what had happened, and found headlines like "London hit by heavy snow" and such. I clicked on the article and saw...4". Four? Considering we'd had something like 27" a couple years before that, it didn't seem that bad! But their system isn't really prepared for that.
Look at the 60 people that were stuck in a UK pub for 3 nights after that same storm hit and left 3 feet of snow.

The timber arrived for the fence yesterday, all 410 bits are of it. I hand balled it off the truck, into the garden.

Today I sorted it into @LSchefman acceptable piles, away from our boundary to avoid it from being stolen, as timber is worth it’s weight in gold at the moment.

And yes Alan, Howie etc. “I’ve got wood!”:oops:

The timber arrived for the fence yesterday, all 410 bits are of it. I hand balled it off the truck, into the garden.

Today I sorted it into @LSchefman acceptable piles, away from our boundary to avoid it from being stolen, as timber is worth it’s weight in gold at the moment.

And yes Alan, Howie etc. “I’ve got wood!”:oops:

I was never, ever strong enough (or sufficiently motivated) to make piles o' wood like that! You, sir, are a far better man than I!

"Les, everyone is a far better man than you."

"Bah!"

Back