Late night

Discussion in 'Amplifiers' started by Zachary Riggs, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Zachary Riggs

Zachary Riggs New Member

Im sure that this has been asked a lot, so I apologize in advance. Between the archon 25 and the MT15, which would be more suited for bedroom/ late night practice? I’ve watched a lot of YouTube videos and most people hit on late night volume, but don’t really say much else.

2. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

I'm gonna say the Archon. I know the MT-15 is "15w", but it is loud! There is also a noticeable spot on the Master volume pot where it jumps from pretty quiet to pretty loud. Louder than bedroom, at least. You can get that low volume, but it's touchy. I think there is more control on the Archon. I do have an MT-15 and an Archon 50. Both awesome!

I would say this about the MT-15, if you want a nice clean and a pedal platform, I'd say grab it. The clean channel is a little better at maintaining a lower volume. Plus, for the price, you can't beat it.

ScottR and elvis like this.
  3. elvis

elvis Hamfisted String Banger

You can improve the control at low volume by putting an effect or volume control in the FX loop that has attenuation. It will act as a second master volume.

bodia and andy474x like this.
  4. jjhookemup

jjhookemup Gearoholic

Get you a Weber mass50 attenuator too. $120. Must have to really enjoy your amp at that volume.