Late Adopter (a 594 Story)

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©, Aug 29, 2019.

1. HANGAR18

HANGAR18 What Would Evel Knievel Do?

Well, I had a lot of Les Pauls.
    Had.
    I sold them all.
    Now I have PRS 594's.

I'm just sayin'.

2. 21Hemispheres12

21Hemispheres12 New Member

I’ve have an awesome custom shop Gibson Les Paul I bought in 2014 that was my main guitar since the day I bought it. I bought a semi hollow 594 about a month ago and haven’t touched my Les Paul since. I even have to force myself to pick up my custom 24 for some play time, it’s just that good.

Tonight I told my wife I was going to go play guitar for a few minutes. Picked up the 594 and a few minutes turned into an hour before I knew it. It’s honestly the most addictive guitar I’ve ever played because it just feels and sounds like it’s on another level compared to everything else I’ve owned/played.

bodia and Bill SAS 513 like this.
  3. veinbuster

veinbuster Zombie Three, DFZ

Well, maybe not.
    I’m sure they are nice, like all PRS are, but I have a full house and don’t need to look close enough to find something to lust after.
    I’ve got a great Strat, a good Les Paul (and some excellent PRS SC that I play more) and a bloody fantastic tele. And really some excellent PRS.
    It doesn’t mean I’m judging the 594 as unworthy. I’m just full - I really couldn’t eat another bite.

That said, I have thought about trying a beautiful one at a not quite local shop.

strat63, g.wizz and WA Paul like this.
  4. veinbuster

veinbuster Zombie Three, DFZ

He owned it. Might still. It was up for sale some time ago.

WA Paul likes this.
  5. RevBillyG

RevBillyG New Member

I'm that guy. I have Teles, Strats, Mockingbirds, Flying Vs, Les Pauls, etc...

I also have a 594. Lovely guitar. But if I were to go look for another PRS today, it'd be a McCarty. I own one of them as well. It's mellower. Meatier. Deeper. But not as pretty. Doesn't have the tonal flexibility.

Forget JM, forget what "people" say. Go play some guitars & get the one that moves you that day.

6. WA Paul

WA Paul It’s ok...I’m with Manny dog

I should mention the DC594 did come first before my PS build

[​IMG]

One of my best single coil sounds especially in the neck, though I do prefer the 53/10s split by a hair since those are a touch warmer.

7. ViperDoc

ViperDoc Plugged In.

I never cared for the 4-knob recipe until I took a chance on the 594 and now I have three of them. The knob placement on the pre-594 4-knob PRSi I'd played didn't make sense to me. The 594 layout, however, is divine. The 58/18LT pickups are INSANELY GOOD. They rock, they squawk, they purr, they clean up beautifully, they boost well, they are clear, very balanced, with no ice pick or flatness. They are very alive and dynamic. I also thought I wouldn't care for the upper horn 3-way switch, but it's perfect now. Being able to individually gain-control each pickup--and even split them--has opened up a whole new world of playing for me, it's really been fantastic. Hype is hype. Tone is tone. Consider yourself warned. The 594 recipe is literally the perfect guitar. Your call, but if you pick one up and play it, you'll buy one. Just sayin'.

#27 ViperDoc, Aug 30, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    WA Paul, markd21 and ]-[@n$0Ma☩!© like this.
  8. ViperDoc

ViperDoc Plugged In.

What color is this? It's gorgeous.

vchizzle and WA Paul like this.
  9. BrianC

BrianC more toys than talent

I had an SC 594 - the scale length was the bomb but due to other issues I sold it. Not a fixed bridge guy anymore mostly. Upper fret access is also a big thing for me. One too many volume knobs for me.

10. 11top

11top Cousin Eddie's cousin

Do they have nice tops?

:cool:

11. WA Paul

WA Paul It’s ok...I’m with Manny dog

I get that a lot on this one!

Laguna

Some glam shots from World Guitars

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]