Last guitar standing - when VB goes to jail

veinbuster

Zombie Three, DFZ
so...purely hypothetical because I’m healthy and not at medium term risk of being in financial trouble. But @11top made me wonder what my last guitar might be.

I’ve said before I’ll keep my Laskin classical and acoustic until the end of days, so it’s really down to what electrics deserve to make it to the final countdown. Many of you have seen most of my guitars already, so I won’t list them all. I might be willing to share a refresher photo for something you remember and want to see again.

In terms of electric tones, what do you favor? It would be easy to say, keep the dragon because it’s a dragon, but what sends you to tonal bliss is the better choice. Hard question for me to answer myself between my first PRS(most everyone here knows the story and sentiment) and my PS. Actually it’s not as hard. My PS is the one that gives me the most joy playing it. So I’d tell you to figure that question out while deciding between your electrics. I’ve always been partial to your Westie but I really don’t know ALL your guitars, so I could be forgetting something.

IMHO this thread requires:
- A full & complete inventory list
- A mandatory pic
- Your clear & honest admission as to which one feels best in your hands, to your ears, and inspires your playing.

U know me and that my suggestion would be your very best HB, but I'm prejudiced in a blatant way. That said, I think it should be "last two guitars standing", your best HB and the solid body that gives off the high pitched angel strings sound when you open the case.

In terms of electric tones, what do you favor? It would be easy to say, keep the dragon because it’s a dragon, but what sends you to tonal bliss is the better choice. Hard question for me to answer myself between my first PRS(most everyone here knows the story and sentiment) and my PS. Actually it’s not as hard. My PS is the one that gives me the most joy playing it. So I’d tell you to figure that question out while deciding between your electrics. I’ve always been partial to your Westie but I really don’t know ALL your guitars, so I could be forgetting something.
I’m a bit of a tone slut - I’ll play them all. But, dirty blues is my go to - Boogie Mark III is the ticket for me and I’ll keep that.

The millennium dragon does always give me that sound. Dirty 100 is a good match just plugged in. I can get most of my guitars into that space.

I love sitting down with the tree of life single cut though. It always makes me happy.

IMHO this thread requires:
- A full & complete inventory list
- A mandatory pic
- Your clear & honest admission as to which one feels best in your hands, to your ears, and inspires your playing.

U know me and that my suggestion would be your very best HB, but I'm prejudiced in a blatant way. That said, I think it should be "last two guitars standing", your best HB and the solid body that gives off the high pitched angel strings sound when you open the case.
Fair enough, but a full inventory might make me look like an entitled prick.

I’m good with a hollow body and one solid.

Some candidates that have been mentioned over a few posts.
THE hollow body
CK_159BurlHollowbodyBodyAAA.JPG

Back