Lance from Gear Talk carjacked and robbed

Despicable! The people who did this are destined for greatness - NOT!!

Hopefully a long jail sentence!

Thoughts with the guy. Thank heavens he’s alive to tell the tale.

Man, I hope these guys are caught and brought to justice.

What is wrong with people these days.... Thank goodness the things he lost is just material things that can be replace instead of his life....

I'm not going to lie folks, there are times when I think about becoming an expatriate.

Huggy, I’d like to say things are different in the UK, but only a few weeks ago, a professional comedian was held at knife point for his expensive watch, outside his sons school in the London suburbs. The Metropolitan Police stated at that time, that there had been approximately 1600 other similar crimes recently. You can bet that this will spread!

Unfortunately for the guy who had his car and property taken, he will have been specifically targeted, because of what he was driving and probably where he lives!

Be vigilant fellow forum brothers, take care of yourselves, your family and friends.

Yeah, except the guitars are too expensive.

Unless I get carjacked & ganked for my gear I don't plan on buying any more.:oops:

Huggy, I’d like to say things are different in the UK, but only a few weeks ago, a professional comedian was held at knife point for his expensive watch, outside his sons school in the London suburbs. The Metropolitan Police stated at that time, that there had been approximately 1600 other similar crimes recently. You can bet that this will spread!

Unfortunately for the guy who had his car and property taken, he will have been specifically targeted, because of what he was driving and probably where he lives!

Be vigilant fellow forum brothers, take care of yourselves, your family and friends.

It is different across the pond, I'm not worried about blades, I carry one most of the time and that's eye for an eye on the streets. (I come from a gritty area & background in life) but even though I have an expert marksman medal from my military service days, I've never owned a gun. I believe they are banned in the UK except for hunting, NO? Like Japan and a few other countries that have much less crime compared to the US.

I've thought about the UK just due to their appreciation for Jazz, Soul music, but it's too cold and you folks drive on the wrong side of the road, I'd end up killing someone or myself.

Unfortunately there is no other place. I've looked.

Even though they drive on the wrong side of the road too, the fishing in New Zealand made me consider it.

Absolutely terrible news. A horrendous crime on so many levels. I hope that this guy, his friends, his family find some type of peace after having endured something like this.

I believe they are banned in the UK except for hunting, NO? Like Japan and a few other countries that have much less crime compared to the US.

I've thought about the UK just due to their appreciation for Jazz, Soul music, but it's too cold and you folks drive on the wrong side of the road, I'd end up killing someone or myself.

Firearms are permitted in the UK, however most people who own shotguns are farmers or those that shoot clays!

Pistols are owned by those that target shoot, but ownership is closely monitored and you cannot carry guns in public.

That doesn’t stop those involved in organised crime, obtaining weapons illegally! And using them.

We have a changeable climate. This summer has been amazing for us, but yes on the whole you are right it’s frickin’ freezing!

As far as the wrong side of the road, it’s just a matter of habit!:D

Last edited:
Back