Lampshades

garrett

I put these on as part of a PRS-inspired partscaster makeover. The NF3 in Frost Blue knocked me out cosmetically, so I went for a similar look. Turns out the lampshades not only look cool, but they feel great as well.

Here's a shot of the full body. It's been gloomy here the last few days; I'd like to get some shots in better light.

My inspiration was the bolt-on PRS guitars like the Brent Mason below. My guitar is Ice Blue Metallic. I think Frost Blue comes pretty close. I originally put it together back in 2003 with an HSS setup and regular Strat controls. I couldn't justify another guitar in my mind, so I decided to PRS-ify this one. I went with a parchment guard though; I like the softer look better.

DSC_7700.jpg

Those look great. I want to eventually buy the same for my PRS but i am struggling to justify the £50 asking price for 4 of them.

Those look great. I want to eventually buy the same for my PRS but i am struggling to justify the £50 asking price for 4 of them.

They really do feel fantastic. Fast rolling and great grip. Wishing I'd bought more to put on my PRS.

Got mine from John Mann's Guitar Vault. He has the best price on them. Still more than regular knobs, but not a big purchase at all in guitar player terms.

Back