Korg Wall-size Tuner

Bud1904

New Old Stock
I bought one of these and I like it, it picks up the sound from the room. I first saw one in a music store, the owner got it because clip-on tuners were disappearing. It would also be a good addition to a builder's shop. It's almost too big to lose.

Item Weight 3.52 pounds
Product Dimensions 10.35 x 1.85 x 18.19 inches
Wall wart included.

s-l1600.jpg

If nothing else, the thing is fun, but I'm easily entertained. It could be used to settle arguments. Knowing someone is 0.000000001 nanometer sharp or flat.

All of this reminds me that back in the day, when I was always stuck being the keyboard player in the band (piano and organ), the guitar and bass players would say, "Gimme an E, Gimme an A, etc., and tune to the notes on my keyboard.

Being perfectly in tune was not much of a thing, I guess, because it was all done by ear.

"Wait, they had electric guitars back in YOUR day?"

"Did I say anything about 'electric'?

"You played accordion, then didn't you? Confess."

"Gimme a break. I had a Hammond organ and a Hohner combo organ like the one Zep used. But Zep didn't exist at the time."

"Who existed? Lawrence Welk?"

"Lawrence Welk didn't exist, either."

"Bach?"

"Wasn't born yet."

"I'm afraid to ask."

"I'm afraid to answer." :eek:

Wait, you guys use devices to stay in tune instead of tuning forks?

What am I missing here?? :eek:
I still have a 440 tuning fork. I like it’s ring.
But I have to listen for the beat frequency to tell if I’m really in tune, and I have to hold the fork pretty close to the string to get that. Kind of a pain in the butt.

Back