Korean SE models

Guitar God

Just curious, I know PRS recently moved their SE line to Indonesia. I'm just wondering if they're making them in Korea again because I just got one of those roasted maple models and it's Korean made? Or is it just for the limited edition models now?

I thought I read that the Korean factory will be making the models only for the UK????
I don't think I've seen a definitive statement form PRS about what is made where and whether it is distribution-dependent, just speculation from others.

And I suspect whatever might be true "today" could easily shift if conditions change. For example, if all Korean made SEs are normally intended for UK/European distribution, but that market is saturated while the US market is suddenly in demand, they would shift distribution to at least partially US-targeted.

Well in the uk (and I assumed everywhere) that both South Korea and Indonesia were building SEs. The Custom 24s still carry the MIK decal behind the headstock.

The Stardard 24 carries the Indonesia decal and is about half the price of the Korean ones.

I imagine the divide is 'model specific'.

Roasted maple is only available in certain parts of the world, and tough to ship due to its roastedness. Korea is lucky enough to have a supply on hand. That's why they still make it there. It's true 'cuz you read it on a forum.

Roasted maple is only available in certain parts of the world, and tough to ship due to its roastedness. Korea is lucky enough to have a supply on hand. That's why they still make it there. It's true 'cuz you read it on a forum.

Yes, apparently after roasting, the wood can become super heated again within proximity of seawater. The neck burns through the keel and the breached ship becomes un-seaworthy. Transport should be confined to pack mules as is standard in South Korea.

Back