Know what’s even better than owning a PRS?

11top

Cousin Eddie's cousin
Answer: Getting to know a bunch of great people who share the same passion. Some of my very best friends have been made because we met through our love of guitars and music.

Just yesterday, I sent a PM (and a subsequent phone call) to a friend on this forum because I needed help with a topic (non-music related) on which he is an expert and a professional. Not only was he open to my questioning, but he followed up with additional information to help me. Thanks again for your help! ;)

I’m grateful for many of the folks I’ve met here. Thanks for being a great group of guys.

Pay it forward.

At the very first Experience, I texted my wife and said, "I've found my people". Nothing has changed my mind since then. Great group of people here and in the other PRS or PRS-heavy forums I've participated in.

I'll repeat Steve's thanks, and add thanks for letting me part of this group.

Answer: Getting to know a bunch of great people who share the same passion. Some of my very best friends have been made because we met through our love of guitars and music.

Just yesterday, I sent a PM (and a subsequent phone call) to a friend on this forum because I needed help with a topic (non-music related) on which he is an expert and a professional. Not only was he open to my questioning, but he followed up with additional information to help me. Thanks again for your help! ;)

I’m grateful for many of the folks I’ve met here. Thanks for being a great group of guys.

Pay it forward.

If it weren't for solid forums like this, I'd have a whole lot less people to talk to in this world. I also learn a hell of a lot from everyone in these forums. My approach to interacting with everyone I meet is very often a "teach me everything you know" strategy. Sometimes I have to look really hard to figure out what I learned as a result of meeting certain individuals while others are a fountain of very valuable knowledge and wisdom. There are only two forums that I spend any time in. Everyone is my teacher and I too am grateful for the learning and socializing opportunities they provide.

I just had an epiphany. Nearly all the people I've liked the best over the course of my life, I've either met because of music, or shared a common love of music.

That was true in high school band, true when I played out a little bit in my 20s, true here.

Define friends. I know a few people that can tolerate being in the same room with me for brief periods. I mean besides my pets :)

We each have our quirks. Fortunately, we're not married to one another otherwise we'd be stuck together for quite a while like old married folks.

What I can say is that I still care for my elders and recently asked my Mom to be sure to drive safely at night if she ever need do any evening shopping. Asked Mom if she were to check her trunk to also check her rear indicator lights so she doesn't get pulled over for a busted taillight. And also, when she puts her groceries back into her trunk, to be aware of the lighting and her immediate area so nothing inappropriate happen.

Yeah, I sometimes worry and also realize Mom's aging well. I don't wish to ask her to take a driver's refreshment course, but that day may soon arrive.

That is my current "truth", but it seems that sometimes life imitates art, and believable truth is often based on fiction.

Regards friends, here is my understanding of them:

I have a few local close friends as well as some of my co-workers, but we don't hang out together. Occasionally, I'd ask my close friends as guests to share a meal with me, but only when there might be something to celebrate (wedding anniversary, achievement, milestone, retirement, repasts, etc). I usually don't do birthdays because it reminds us of our impending dirt nap. Perhaps when I was younger, but not recently.

There are friends who are like brothers to you, and they are close. They are there for you if the need ever occur. Some friends are there for moral support in word only. And that is OK, sometimes we only need words of encouragement when we may be experiencing a hardship or difficulty. And then there are acquaintances who know you, your personality, and your qualities. They like you and would happily offer you words of praise or commendation if they felt the need to be generous. And then there are more distant folks who know you and may be slightly envious while not necessarily sharing your viewpoints. Lastly, there are folks who consider your view opposite to theirs and would happily wish you misfortune rather than good.

Yet that is what comprises mankind today. Perhaps the words of wisdom might be to keep your good friends close, encourage and commend whenever someone does well, counsel if correction is necessary, and do not wish harm upon anyone.

Well, I haven’t met any of you guys so it’s still possible that you’re all still fictional internet characters. Except I guess for Elvis and Bodia. Elvis mailed me my flamed maple front for my Archon. Bodia sent me an amp AND I talked to him on the phone. So, those two are at least real people. The rest of you, I’m not so sure about. :)

Well, I haven’t met any of you guys so it’s still possible that you’re all still fictional internet characters. Except I guess for Elvis and Bodia. Elvis mailed me my flamed maple front for my Archon. Bodia sent me an amp AND I talked to him on the phone. So, those two are at least real people. The rest of you, I’m not so sure about. :)

I live apparently through my virtual children, so there's that. I also don't eat junk food, drive a sports cars, or party all night. I do try to drink with respect to moderation, and do not engage in excess. I realize that saving lectures for bad examples are best used with a temperament for humor that also entertains, but doesn't offend or cause anger to come up.

Many people are impressionable and view things on TV, acting out in imitation of what they see. FTR, this keeps grocery stores in business because people invariably become hungry and thirsty when they are worked up (some of us work out, some of us dance, some of us like rings and bling). Others like wine and cheese. (Don't get me started there)

And sometimes as we age, we become either grumpy old men and women, or we learn to speak without using words that cut, but are more adeptly used to heal. (Major learning point here). Much like someone who can help you look better, we suggest that unless you remember that beauty is only skin deep. It's what's inside that counts and most people realize it's what comes from the heart that makes the difference.

I think I'm real, but have not pinched myself lately to see if I'm just dreaming. Maybe this is just a case of taking the blue pill / red pill and hoping for whatever happens. Will see tomorrow. Need to fold my laundry and clean up in the kitchen.

Also enjoy a drink and the boob tube unless boxing or survivor challenge is on. (Thanks, the vitamins do the job I'd need). Also, being on the guest list doesn't occur unless you also act responsibly. Words to live by.

I'm totally unreal.
:D

Back