Knob Grip

Sculptair

Has anyone found a non-destructive solution to help grip the custom 24 knobs? I like to turn the volume knob with my picking hand pinky for swells and violin type sounds, but the combination of winter dry skin and the smooth prs knobs makes it impossible. I thought about using a wide small diameter black rubber band wrapped around the upper portion of the knob, but that is proving hard to find. Any ideas?

Has anyone found a non-destructive solution to help grip the custom 24 knobs? I like to turn the volume knob with my picking hand pinky for swells and violin type sounds, but the combination of winter dry skin and the smooth prs knobs makes it impossible. I thought about using a wide small diameter black rubber band wrapped around the upper portion of the knob, but that is proving hard to find. Any ideas?

chew it up with a pair of pliers? maybe replace it with an ibanez rubber grip knob:

cropds_sure_gripg-04.jpg

I have a Taylor electric that has Taylor's custom-made knobs. They provided black rubber gaskets that slip over the knobs. Maybe a trip to Home Depot will get you some generic rubber gaskets that would work.

Are your's speed knobs, or faceted?

I've had an idea about this but haven't tried it yet.

Put speed knob on a short dowel and put that in a drill. Spin it fast and use a tool to cut small grooves in speed knob. Put black rubber o rings in those grooves.

I've had an idea about this but haven't tried it yet.

Put speed knob on a short dowel and put that in a drill. Spin it fast and use a tool to cut small grooves in speed knob. Put black rubber o rings in those grooves.

Nice Idea. I tried O rings but they were too smooth and slick. My pinky just slid on it.

Good one. I ordered these. I'll let you know.

I originally got them to help get a grip on a push/pull speed knob (which sits just a tiny bit too low to grab with my fingernail) and they work really well.

I’m pretty sure that someone on this forum came up with that idea a while back, just to give credit where it’s due!

If you don’t mind a completely different knob shape, you could put a set of Petrucci knobs on the PRS. I had them on my Custom 24 for a long time, the little rubber gasket thingy on them worked well for pinky moves.

Casi said knob shape!

Giggle.

Hey Alan made me do it, whilst Bodia stood and laughed!;)

Back