Knaggs - yes, this is a PRS post

RedGuitars

Thread killer
So, during a conversation at Guitarlington last weekend, I was discussing Knaggs guitars - there were a few at the show. I was saying that I thought that the guitar that is now sold as the Knaggs Severn, was originally produced as a private stock while Joe was with PRS.

So, looking for confirmation and/or pics of pre-Knagg's PRS (Knaggs) guitars.

So, during a conversation at Guitarlington last weekend, I was discussing Knaggs guitars - there were a few at the show. I was saying that I thought that the guitar that is now sold as the Knaggs Severn, was originally produced as a private stock while Joe was with PRS.

So, looking for confirmation and/or pics of pre-Knagg's PRS (Knaggs) guitars.
I remember a PRS that had the Severn look. Sorry, I don't have a photo.

All I know is that Knaggs makes some seriously ugly guitars.

I don't like some of the bizzarre (to me) colors combos they do - but the raspberry creme I like very much.

But, PRS does some wild colors too. To each his own. I don't think I'd ever buy Bonni Pink or Eriza Verda, but y'all that like'em - happy for ya.

What isn't besides the Custom and Santana? Joe is a helluva guitar designer and builder.

Yep, Joe contributed a helluva lot to PRS imo. His guitars are every bit as good as PRS, but they don't seem to be selling too well here in the U.K. I guess he's suffering the same thing PRS did in the early years in that folk prefer to stick with the tried and true.

I'd like to see him do really well. I think they are in some markets.

I've seen photos in the past of a Strat-looking PS, definitely the grandfather of Knaggs' present designs.

I've always dug the blending of different top woods like he does. It's a very cool aesthetic. Also the wood pickguards are pretty sweet too!

I wouldn't know. I presume any of the sigs and any of the newer ones that have been developed since his departure, no?
All the hollowbodies and the original core Mira and Starla from my understanding.

I had a Knaggs for a few months; everything about it was top notch like PRS. It failed to dethrone my Custom 22 so I sold it because it's too much $$ to have tied up in something I would not play constantly. I will say, though, that if PRS ever ripped off Knaggs' 59 neck carve, I would pay whatever it took to get one. That neck carve was made for my hands.

I will say, though, that if PRS ever ripped off Knaggs' 59 neck carve, I would pay whatever it took to get one. That neck carve was made for my hands.

Is it anything like the Bernie Marsden neck? If so, you could probably get that on a PS if you ever spec one.

I've never played a Bernie, but I heard their necks were a touch beefier. Probably pretty close.

They're supposed to be a copy of the neck from "The Beast" (his vintage '59 LP).

Back