KISS off: David Lee Roth posts 18 middle fingers on Instagram in response to Gene Simmons's insult

Sadly, Dave is past his prime. He should bow out, or just be a Vegas crooner. I saw KISS on this tour, albeit back in 2019, and it was one of the best KISS shows I’ve ever seen. That goes back to ‘84, and includes more than two dozen shows.

Dave used to be a real live monster of a front man. I thought it was interesting that the one guy I thought was every bit as good, and had been around even longer, replaced him... Sammy Hagar. Sammy, somehow, has managed to still sound good in the new century. Dave... not even close any longer, and for quite a while. I saw him with VH on some talk show performance, and it was embarrassingly bad. Other videos I saw were as bad or worse. He was great, a legend in his time, but it's gone and he needs to let it go.

Gene Simmons obviously has a fondness for Van Halen and the awesome band they were. That he elected not to continue adding evidence to the cratering of Dave's performing reputation was merciful, at least in my opinion.

Sadly, Dave is past his prime. He should bow out, or just be a Vegas crooner. I saw KISS on this tour, albeit back in 2019, and it was one of the best KISS shows I’ve ever seen. That goes back to ‘84, and includes more than two dozen shows.
I heard KISS was using backing tracks for their recent tours. Then again I heard Dave was using Michael Anthony voice samples as background vocals.

I heard KISS was using backing tracks for their recent tours. Then again I heard Dave was using Michael Anthony voice samples as background vocals.

Everybody is using recorded backgrounds and voice pitch correction software.

Did you ever hear Van Halen's very last record? DLR can SING! Maybe even better than his early days.

Two old farts acting like preteens online ......... did rock die or something?

Did you ever hear Van Halen's very last record? DLR can SING! Maybe even better than his early days.
I liked "A different kind of truth" except for the song Tattoo. It sounded like Roth did a lot of takes on the vocals with a lot of punch ins. Stay Frosty was a good sequel to Ice Cream Man.

Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley need to get together and make a record as good as Destroyer. Till then they need to shut up.

I liked "A different kind of truth" except for the song Tattoo. It sounded like Roth did a lot of takes on the vocals with a lot of punch ins. Stay Frosty was a good sequel to Ice Cream Man.

Tattoo and Stay Frosty are my favorite songs on that record.

Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley need to get together and make a record as good as Destroyer. Till then they need to shut up.

KISS had a LOT of help from a lot of industry professionals at every level in their early days and I think that is why to a very large degree their early records are as awesome as they are. Along these same lines, I also have a tendency to think that once they got rich, they probably said something like "we can do this ourselves and we don't need all that assistance from all those expensive producers and studio musicians". Thus I think that's why they started churning out massive amounts of lackluster yawnfest albums for the remainder of their 50 year career.

Midget Kiss?
492078.jpg

I personally (subjective alert!) don't think either one of them was much of a vocalist; leave that to Paul Stanley and Sammy Hagar. But in Dave's defense, he was one hellova entertainer, and it would be next to impossible to keep that swagger and acrobatics at his current age. We are close to the same age (I'm a bit younger), and I have trouble putting on my pants without losing my balance. :eek::oops::(

:p

I loved VH 1, but with that said, I saw VH in 1980 and they were THE WORST. Wasted, horrible playing and DLR forgetting the words.

I saw VH a few years later with Sammy and they were amazing.

Dave was the original and was THE man for a while until he went vaudeville. We will always have a good memory of the first time we heard them and when he was the best front man around.

I saw Sammy about two months ago and he has not lost a step!

It's great if you like Sammy. Beyond Bad Motorscooter i don't care for him much. When Eddy died I was listening to the Seriusxm Van Halen channel on a trip. All the Dave stuff was great but the Sammy stuff really didn't do it for me. Sammy does have a voice that cuts through the din of a loud band and is technically a better singer but it didn't have the vibe that the Dave years did.

Back