Kirk Fletcher and "What I Need from a guitar."

matonanjin

I didn't know whether to add to my previous post about Kirk Fletcher joining the list of PRS users or start a new thread. I chose the latter?

This is from his weekly "lockdown" YouTube which is always interesting. The main point, or at least the majority of the video, Kirk talks about soloing ideas over a 12 bar blues. But the last 2 or 3 minutes he talks about his McCarty 594 Semi-hollowbody. He talks about when on stage how it gives him everything he needs, meaning one less thing to worry about on stage.

"Blues guitarist Kirk Fletcher shares some ideas about target notes in a 12 bar blues to state the changes. Also playing over a major 7 chord whole step down idea. Kirk talks about what he needs from an instrument and his new PRS affectionately called “Orange Sunshine”

I love Kirk...he's so chilled and it shines through his playing. Inspires me every time I watch him! He does soooo much with what seems like so little. Glad to see him playing a PRS.

I love Kirk...he's so chilled and it shines through his playing. Inspires me every time I watch him! He does soooo much with what seems like so little. Glad to see him playing a PRS.
Yes, great to see him in the PRS camp. And he is so chilled. I have had the opportunity to talk with him in person a couple times. As jovial or "chilled" as he seems on stage or in a video like this, that is just what he is like in person.

Back