Kingdom Come 88

I never knew that. And I took a guitar workshop where he was one of the instructors - about 10 years after this.

FYI - two of Danny Stag's older brothers were sportscasters in Pittsburgh (his real name is Steigerwald). One of the two is now the play-by-play guy for Penguins TV broadcasts (and he's horrible, especially with his broadcast partner).

I saw Kingdom Come in the summer of '88 on the Monsters of Rock Tour in Philly. I don't recall the guitar he was using, though.

One of the two is now the play-by-play guy for Penguins TV broadcasts (and he's horrible, especially with his broadcast partner).

Good to know that it's not just me who thinks he and Bob Errey are terrible (I think of them as "Steigerballs" and "Error", because I am very mature). I thought maybe I hated them just because I hate the Pens.

Good to know that it's not just me who thinks he and Bob Errey are terrible (I think of them as "Steigerballs" and "Error", because I am very mature). I thought maybe I hated them just because I hate the Pens.

No - they're awful. I'd consider them the worst in the league - but I've heard Jack Edwards do Bruins games. What's worse is that the Pens have a legitimate Hall Of Fame announcer - already inducted, no less - in Mike Lange, and he's only on radio with Phil Bourque (who's much better than Errey). I met Bourque a few years ago and told him if there was any justice, he and Lange would be on TV. I prefer watching the games slightly out of sync w/the radio rather than listening to the TV play by play.

People either love or hate Jack Edwards. I think if you can realize how much of a homer he is, he's actually pretty entertaining to listen to.:spitcoffee:

People either love or hate Jack Edwards. I think if you can realize how much of a homer he is, he's actually pretty entertaining to listen to.:spitcoffee:

Yes put me in the camp of HATING him. Big horse-toothed idiot.. (gotta get the dental reference in there ;-)
Especially during fights listening to the pencil neck get his 'tough talk' on when you know he couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag.

Thank GOD Andy Brickly is there to add to intelligence to the broadcast. To Quote Andy: "Well you know JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!"

Full disclosure I'm a Montreal Canadien's fan. ;-)
But I know hockey having played for 18 years growing up including D2 college and one thing is clear, Jack Edwards doesnt know hockey.

Back