Kinda funny, kinda annoying

GADonis

Beautifully Broken
So I noticed something the other day. Sitting on my couch playing my McSoaparina through my Mesa Boogie TC50 with a Mini Spark Boost while watching TV is a fairly common occurrence. It sounds so good. Especially with the guitar tuned down a half step. So when I actually pay attention to the words coming out of the talking heads on the TV, I turn the volume down on the guitar. Being a high gain amp with a boost, there is some hiss still happening. Then I notice I'm hearing some very faint music and talking. Very AM radio sounding. After some looking around for the source, I realize that it is coming out of the amp and I am picking up some radio station with my guitar! I have no idea which radio station but sure enough, it is there. It goes away when I turn the volume up, but it might just be getting drowned out by the combination high gain and soapbar hiss. I haven't noticed this with any of my other guitars but maybe that's because I just haven't noticed. I am using some "inexpensive" cables for this home set up. I wonder if its the guitar or the cables? Or both? I am curious but probably not enough to get off my lazy @$$ and do something about it.

Whew! I thought this thread was about me.:oops::D
I use to get that same thing with my dimed out Rat pedal into my Gorilla amp back in the day.:p

Recording with my Dad's old Vox wah-wah and lots of gain, I once picked up a random radio signal as well. Finished a solo/outro, right as an advertisement was playing saying "...every seat in the show is sold out!". It was a perfect ending to a song! Especially since in my distinguished career I've earned approximately $115.00 lifetime :p

Recording with my Dad's old Vox wah-wah and lots of gain, I once picked up a random radio signal as well. Finished a solo/outro, right as an advertisement was playing saying "...every seat in the show is sold out!". It was a perfect ending to a song! Especially since in my distinguished career I've earned approximately $115.00 lifetime :p
Righteous bucks!;)

Back