Kick the Photobucket Poll...

Which image hosting service have you switched to since kicking "the bucket"?

• Total voters
How 'bout this?

VA7gQqELoGG_I6WW7Fqk-Dr9NKxV4DsMOjw_KnzZxKPE-xDVwWzM5Mn_vNsQMhCfQGDrjfXDrvz-wcBGg-Y6q9n1pkorEDrnnguFPnNGet3Hemc3glq4QUHMRqSd-Mtyjf6HBW8oPpS1YGbrfivWw_O9gB9JD0E6Cir8Z5_9c0J4j3QiCzUiPfXCrtqBAbDRyOK2j8g-Yfu3JyK5oBUVSQaf4iLME6XWQyWdSan2yJp8Wu1nliZhehTBwmwby-gxDg6LW-L9q3LgvhItYUe3jExsVCGUco1M89DgYy74WfQY1QHa-2ZCT1uL9IK9BvRZfeLl-YOdQyK2TuTm4TOq9oSlBg-uqkdFmBbBb80mZSkeRqodFKif5ecPDUFh3OblFxz3xvMliCJkQSHZscWjAdxa7ioQMRpbGjO0orSNiy5y618jzVU1yjJE9eTFWpOfGdRS1Mn25WK0D8X9xtKhtRlkzG3hHYdT7vGFjsdpJHVaV06bxayg6gosoMJAyeEbv1FfZzfKDDcdcOTphgJmEsDI3tlTVnnjrrnQmnpUP32EbCSGoAhqNKsUGO_Nuo3NbRzcF6HaJGYpyIasaq2fcGRiSSsqgYPZ7OxrObkx9_vkddo77yFomHOumQ=w726-h1289-no

True statement! Bacon rulz!

Well, google photos have no extension. They're extremely long, and instead of ending with ".jpg" or the like, they just end with "-no". If after "-no" you add "?.jpg" including that question mark to the URL, it seems to show up more consistently. I'm still curious if @veinbuster can see it or not since he is not a google user?

Well, google photos have no extension. They're extremely long, and instead of ending with ".jpg" or the like, they just end with "-no". If after "-no" you add "?.jpg" including that question mark to the URL, it seems to show up more consistently. I'm still curious if @veinbuster can see it or not since he is not a google user?
Sounds a bit like a PITA, no?

I couldn't see it either, but I can see the 2nd (bacon!) one. I am a Google user (not for pics tho). I can't see it on the iPad or the PC.

How 'bout this?
I'm not seeing either of the images you posted, and I'm at home, not at work behind a firewall/blocker. But I am also not logged into Google, I don't think.

(I removed the non-working link from my quote.)

I'm using a Google Pixel XL phone, have been since its release..."

Same here, I absolutely love it.

I will just use Google Photos. All the pics on my phone and home computer automatically back up to that anyway.

One caveat, though: if you have geotags enabled on your phone, you may inadvertently broadcast your location in the process from embedded metadata, or the name on your Google account, via people viewing your shared photos. Some may not mind doing so, but it's probably wise to leave as few online breadcrumbs as possible for security reasons.

OK, sooooo strange. Guess I'll check out Imgur.

Google Photos is very handy (especially for users of Google handsets as noted above), however their photo sharing (post-Picasa, anyway) integrates better with platforms like Facebook than forum software. For most users, I'd imagine migrating an image or three over to Imgur is quicker and easier than going through the additional steps required from Google-land. And, Imgur scrubs off your geotag and other embedded data.

XenForo is happiest embedding files with proper, supported image extensions.

Since I already have an account, I am using googles' app, blogger. There is also Cubeupload and VGY which are free image hosting sites like photobucket once was. I wouldn't have minded paying a fee for third party hosting, but just not for their premium plan.
238768-front-large.jpg

Back