Kick the Photobucket Poll...

Which image hosting service have you switched to since kicking "the bucket"?

• Total voters
I've never used any of them.
I stick everything I want to share in my own website. The directory structure never gets changed and my allowed data isn't restricted in any meaningful way.

Reactions: jfb
I just tried Flickr very briefly. I have now moved to Imgur, and I believe I will stay there. Very quick and user friendly.

Kevin

I did one quick experiment with Imgur and it seemed to work.

I did hold out hope (in my laziness's sake) that PB would reverse their decision, but I guess not, so time to migrate...

I've used Google Photos since I joined this forum. I love the service and it keeps getting better. It's free with paid tiers if you need more storage space. It's very reasonably priced. I'm using a Google Pixel XL phone, have been since its release, and Google gives you unlimited Google Photos backups for life for anything uploaded to your account from your Pixel phone.

A lot of people have iPhones, but iCloud's photo services aren't forum friendly. Google Photos is on the AppStore and will back up your Camera Roll for you. It's easy mode. Google Photos all the way.

Does everyone see this OK?

gYDJ2lqSi_w3g8AFouQqo9uaKFDT4oZYHxhe15jKZBAefy7KTctQUg8I08eOx1-KqTXNbWcv2JUmYqYmnoRR4CkWt49nGFRZ66GBu1gQ-ZbNNxKInEYjKdwnLV1sjwFC0sIChhChiHtcxoF4OXPPd64tF4vPhSk9Mu60hjBCSWQIx0yEtKbiclxdiFUNA_U6nVnEYD2hxN1E7m9J83pTAQ8cSyaOEdf5ZqjP-fag8Jml-QIyvO1xMW9zTZXFyLGDq49UcbYckEuOgjEZI36W0-G53O4oq26Etw7mRMJHxBQgMo6K3lPXLwuFyej9XKIR35FZluJE7JJOxzhArcJLwem9QyvWBamICt9uaeC99LUTZLTjgpoYqTJ3U4JJv5c0wiNK7O2FODYstN8MqqoP_vR0mpZWQNZvfDWAjRQ3MBEo5xrmJrNN97ee7H7GbUprCaA5i610Rkx5rPsIzXdql7ZPlkD2j3SrV3wgnmyyly3h-jFTrkH0MAvdo68kQgpTScveUq1U_dqf4b8RqP0mzgnZsxPBEMe-h08yjRURDzz3-GI7-FgfdIsibGCpzYLItYF1t3LGQctna00bx78ud6Kl35iqN_pdEM6jJ1YXRaJZ6Jne_DKn6n-OZA=w1685-h948-no

Thanks. I will just use Google Photos. All the pics on my phone and home computer automatically back up to that anyway. I do frequent another forum that doesn't allow "that extension".

I took that photo on a cruise we just went on. None of those violins have bridges and one of the fingerboards unglued itself. It's the saddest bunch of violins I have ever seen.

I've never used any of them.
I stick everything I want to share in my own website. The directory structure never gets changed and my allowed data isn't restricted in any meaningful way.

That's definitely how to do it. Thumbs up, VB!

For those of you migrating to Google Photos I can make a quick How To if people want one.

That's definitely how to do it. Thumbs up, VB!

For those of you migrating to Google Photos I can make a quick How To if people want one.
The only how-to I need is this:

How do I search the web for all the links I made to PB photos in all the various forums of which I am a member, and update them with new links to my Imgur stash, in some semi-automated way that won't take 5 years to complete?

:D

But also

:(

because i know it ain't possible.

Back