Kemper better than real amps?

You're killing me
Preliminary thoughts...
Positives:
Dayum, the difference between imprints is impressive
Getting closer to how you want to sound is now easier
The amp in the room is back (subjective until I figure out natural feedback)

Negatives:
The choice of speaker type is universal. We will get imprint per rig later.

This sounds good. I'm saying this as a blues rock rhythm player.
I like it.

Really is interesting. But, you have to sort of be “all in” with digital before this makes sense. $500 for this plus $400 for the SD small amp thing.... I hope it’s great. I just can’t quite make myself do it yet.

Preliminary thoughts...
Positives:
Dayum, the difference between imprints is impressive
Getting closer to how you want to sound is now easier
The amp in the room is back (subjective until I figure out natural feedback)

Negatives:
The choice of speaker type is universal. We will get imprint per rig later.

This sounds good. I'm saying this as a blues rock rhythm player.
I like it.
Sounds good. I'll get into this at some point but I'm still playing through my recording monitors. I've just been enjoying playing through a Ac30 Copper top profile with my Silver Sky. It's a religious experience! :D:)

Last edited:
I recently sold my Kemper. I was having problems balancing the volume within the rigs. Most likely the problem was with me as I needed to learn more about the profiler. I switched to a Fractal and with the editor, it's much easier to work with and sounds amazing. But as others have mentioned, I, too have a wall of tube amps and there's nothing like a nice tube amp behind you creating an atmosphere and vibe for your playing.

I have what some consider the top 3 modelers/profilers/etc...

In order of preference:

1. Axe FX III (main gig rig)
2a. Line 6 Helix (mostly church and backup now)
2b. Kemper Stage (My bass player is rigging it up to use live).

I still have two custom designed/built tube amps, and have an H&K Triamp MkIII on backorder.

I love my Axe FX III !!! Helix and Kemper are good, too.

I havent played out in a while but I used to use my jcm800 combo , it was really always too loud and a pain to haul around.
I have been using helix native at home and been happy with it and I also have the helix floor which I dont have complaints with it . if you take your time and get the settings right it really does sound good. Does it replace my tube amps? not at all . but I can see this being a nice easy set up and break down if I ever play out again. ive been setting it using my PA system so I got it at gig volume which helps. id love to try a Kemper and an axe fx one day.

I havent played out in a while but I used to use my jcm800 combo , it was really always too loud and a pain to haul around.
I have been using helix native at home and been happy with it and I also have the helix floor which I dont have complaints with it . if you take your time and get the settings right it really does sound good. Does it replace my tube amps? not at all . but I can see this being a nice easy set up and break down if I ever play out again. ive been setting it using my PA system so I got it at gig volume which helps. id love to try a Kemper and an axe fx one day.

Regardless of which modeler, if you ever want to move some air again, I'd highly recommend the Mission Gemini 2 FRFR or
the Line 6 PowerCab Plus 2x12. I've used an Atomic CLR, but I prefer the Gemini 2 over them. It has a "Cab" pot that lets
you dial out a certain amount (or all) of the horn. I'm not a fan boy since I have all 3, but I do prefer and currently gig the
Axe FX III over my Helix and Kemper Stage. I could live with any of the three, but if I had to choose, I'd pick the Axe FX III
over the other two every time. Helix is convenient for church or those nights when I only want a pedal, not a pedal and
a rack.

Regardless of which modeler, if you ever want to move some air again, I'd highly recommend the Mission Gemini 2 FRFR or
the Line 6 PowerCab Plus 2x12. I've used an Atomic CLR, but I prefer the Gemini 2 over them. It has a "Cab" pot that lets
you dial out a certain amount (or all) of the horn. I'm not a fan boy since I have all 3, but I do prefer and currently gig the
Axe FX III over my Helix and Kemper Stage. I could live with any of the three, but if I had to choose, I'd pick the Axe FX III
over the other two every time. Helix is convenient for church or those nights when I only want a pedal, not a pedal and
a rack.

I’ve never tired the axe fx I would like to one day . I may buy the fm3 when that becomes available.

a rack.
Try a Kemper Kabinet, or the Kone in a cab of your choice. Holy carp, it rawks.
***EDIT For Kemper only***

Back