• Keep 'em clean and shiney!

Votes: 39 70.9%
  • Open 'em up and show their dark side!

Votes: 16 29.1%

• Total voters

kevphol

IMG_1624_zps2cf5f802.jpg
IMG_1624openpups_zpsf7f096ca.jpg

In my opinion, pickup covers scream "vintage guitar". That guitar looks like a modern, face-melting machine to me. :evil: Double-black bobbins with black pickup rings are my suggestion. I've seen zebra bobbins look really good on glossy opaque black guitars, too. I'd also replace the control knobs with black lampshades. Just my opinion.

In my opinion, pickup covers scream "vintage guitar". That guitar looks like a modern, face-melting machine to me. :evil: Double-black bobbins with black pickup rings are my suggestion. I've seen zebra bobbins look really good on glossy opaque black guitars, too. I'd also replace the control knobs with black lampshades. Just my opinion.

Agree with this idea, black it out! I would even go for the black tuner buttons too.

Sweet guitar with a nice history.

It looks great both ways with or without the covers, but black pickup rings and black paint do not go together. the chrome ones that are on there look pretty good. Also, +1 on getting lampshades.

In my opinion, pickup covers scream "vintage guitar". That guitar looks like a modern, face-melting machine to me.

I agree with this, but I think a better solution would be to replace the pickup covers with a pair of black ones. I'd leave the chrome pickup rings, to provide a little contrast.

I'd say keep, but if you don't, PM me. I don't have any and I wish I did. :)

Last edited:
Keep and go with black pickup covers, rings and ...well go all black...totally bada........

I agree also!

Back