Keeley AT (Andy Timmons) Mod Overdrive Pedal

Thanks. I've been wanting some fresh stuff so I've been selling a lot of stuff that's been replaced with newer stuff.

A lot of thinning of the herd.

Out with some old and in with some new...
I Understand. From What You Sold And Purchased You Got Some Fun New Toys And Still Have A Good Amount Of Coin Left Over So That Is A Wonderful Thing.

Thanks. I've been wanting some fresh stuff so I've been selling a lot of stuff that's been replaced with newer stuff.

This year I sold both my '95 Custom 22 and my '02 Custom 22...Taylor 710B with Brazilian bach and sides acoustic guitar...a Blackstar Artisan head and an AC30. Some speakers, effects pedals, pickups, etc.

A lot of thinning of the herd.

Keeping my '90's and '00 PRS CE22's of course. But I have three SE Singlecuts I'm getting ready to list.

Out with some old and in with some new...like my Bernie Marsden! I love that guitar.
I bought a pedal about 6 weeks or so ago and that was the first piece of gear I have purchased in a good while so I was good with buying the Super AT Mod. It looks like a really good OD pedal to me. I have never owned a Blues Driver but have almost bought one probably a dozen times. I have even come close to buying the Keeley modified version. That all made this pedal about a no brainer purchase for me.

I bought a pedal about 6 weeks or so ago and that was the first piece of gear I have purchased in a good while so I was good with buying the Super AT Mod. It looks like a really good OD pedal to me. I have never owned a Blues Driver but have almost bought one probably a dozen times. I have even come close to buying the Keeley modified version. That all made this pedal about a no brainer purchase for me.
So how do you like it?

So how do you like it?
If you are referring to the Super AT Mod, I just ordered that yesterday. It will possibly show up over the weekend. The other pedal I bought about 6 weeks ago is a Keely Red Dirt Germanium. I don't like it as much as the Red Dirt. It has a little more grind on the top end and a lot more gain than the Red Dirt. I will be comparing the AT with both of these once it gets here. I think from what I have seen on the AT that I will like it better than the RDG. The original Red Dirt is a tough pedal to beat for me. The only think I wish it had at times is a bit more gain. I have the mini version of it as well. That is what drew me to buy the Germanium version. I like it set at lower gain levels. The first 1/3 of the knob is where I like it. After that it gets a bit aggressive and grinding on the top end.

If you are referring to the Super AT Mod, I just ordered that yesterday. It will possibly show up over the weekend. The other pedal I bought about 6 weeks ago is a Keely Red Dirt Germanium. I don't like it as much as the Red Dirt. It has a little more grind on the top end and a lot more gain than the Red Dirt. I will be comparing the AT with both of these once it gets here. I think from what I have seen on the AT that I will like it better than the RDG. The original Red Dirt is a tough pedal to beat for me. The only think I wish it had at times is a bit more gain. I have the mini version of it as well. That is what drew me to buy the Germanium version. I like it set at lower gain levels. The first 1/3 of the knob is where I like it. After that it gets a bit aggressive and grinding on the top end.
I'm not familiar with the Red Dirt.

I guess we'll both have something more to say about the Super AT Mod in a week or so. I'm excited!

You know a good one you might want to check out is the J. Rockett "Jeff" Archer. It's the Klon Klone Jeff Beck was using for the last year or two or three. It was on his board for his last show.

Sounds exactly like my Klon KTR which I bought from the designer of the original Klon, Bill Finnegan.

I had the JHS @ (replaced it with a JHS Angry Charlie v3 for more EQ options), I have a HALO, and I will eventually try the Super AT Mod... altho I have heard reports that it sounds less-than-stellar at low volumes; that it's really tweaked to push a LOUD, clean amp... which is of course how Andy uses it. I have owned the Keeley BD-2 (Twice), as well as the Waza. I preferred the Keeley to the Waza, but I preferred the Rockett Blue Note to both (which is what I'm still using for that sound).

I'd love to see someone (like Sweetwater did with the Halo) have a limited BLUE edition- I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I had the JHS @ (replaced it with a JHS Angry Charlie v3 for more EQ options), I have a HALO, and I will eventually try the Super AT Mod... altho I have heard reports that it sounds less-than-stellar at low volumes; that it's really tweaked to push a LOUD, clean amp... which is of course how Andy uses it. I have owned the Keeley BD-2 (Twice), as well as the Waza. I preferred the Keeley to the Waza, but I preferred the Rockett Blue Note to both (which is what I'm still using for that sound).

I'd love to see someone (like Sweetwater did with the Halo) have a limited BLUE edition- I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
For me it will be all about the clipping. I tend to like a little smoother clipping. I know this one may be on the fringe of what I like but I liked some of what I heard coming out of it. I also heard enough from some of the videos to know that I will also be able to get a sound out of it that I don't like. That means it is going to be one of those pedals that I will have to spend a little time with and try it in different ways to get what I want out of it. I decided to buy it because I have looked at blued drivers a number of time but have never bought one. I think this pedal will be better than a blues driver. I hope I am right.

Got an early delivery on the Halo and the Super AT Mod pedal yesterday.

Took the Timeline off my board temporarily and made room for both.

So far I really like the Halo and my girlfriend loves it! She says it sounds beautiful.

Well what she actually said is "Is that your new guitar? It sounds beautiful!"

She was speaking of my Bernie, but listening to me play it through the Halo.

Anyways, within 5 minutes I'd discovered new chords and a new song hiding in the guitar strings of my Bernie Marsden!

I think I'm going to hook everything up in stereo today.

Play through both of my PRS HDRX 20 amps.

Didn't spend much time with the Super AT Mod yet.

But I like it.

Nice to have another overdrive voice that's not just about fuzz and distortion.

I am still waiting on my AT Phat Mod. They shipped it UPS smart post so it was handed over to USPS. It was going to take until Thursday to get here this week. I received a notification that there is a delay with it this morning. It doesn't have a deliver day yet and I have no idea what the delay was. I already have 3 other OD pedals out that I plan on hooking up with it to compare it to. I am disappointed but there is nothing I can do about it so I am rolling with it.

Got an early delivery on the Halo and the Super AT Mod pedal yesterday.

Took the Timeline off my board temporarily and made room for both.

So far I really like the Halo and my girlfriend loves it! She says it sounds beautiful.

Well what she actually said is "Is that your new guitar? It sounds beautiful!"

She was speaking of my Bernie, but listening to me play it through the Halo.

Anyways, within 5 minutes I'd discovered new chords and a new song hiding in the guitar strings of my Bernie Marsden!

I think I'm going to hook everything up in stereo today.

Play through both of my PRS HDRX 20 amps.

Didn't spend much time with the Super AT Mod yet.

But I like it.

Nice to have another overdrive voice that's not just about fuzz and distortion.
Great To Hear! Glad You Love It!!

I am still waiting on my AT Phat Mod. They shipped it UPS smart post so it was handed over to USPS. It was going to take until Thursday to get here this week. I received a notification that there is a delay with it this morning. It doesn't have a deliver day yet and I have no idea what the delay was. I already have 3 other OD pedals out that I plan on hooking up with it to compare it to. I am disappointed but there is nothing I can do about it so I am rolling with it.
Bummer...I Hope It Shows Up Quickly And Safely And That You Love It!

So far I really like both pedals.

The Super AT Mod responds to my pick and touch in a way that’s kind of elastic! Rubbery in a way.

Pinch harmonics are a breeze.

Both pedals have an extremely pleasant tone.

The Halo I’m just beginning to get a handle on. But it sounds great whether you’re using it as a delay or for the trails effects or as a effect to add mystery and ambiance.

I’m going to put a small powered board together with just these two pedals and do some learning.

So far I really like both pedals.

The Super AT Mod responds to my pick and touch in a way that’s kind of elastic! Rubbery in a way.

Pinch harmonica are a breeze.

It has an extremely pleasant tone.

The Halo I’m just beginning to get a handle on. But it sounds great whether you’re using it as a delay or for the trails effects or as a effect to add mystery and ambiance.

I’m going to put a small powered board together with just these two pedals and do some learning.
That tone and response is what I picked up on from the videos that made me buy it. My only fear is as you turn the gain up it may get kind of grainy. That may be able to be tamed with the tone knob. I wasn't able to get a good feel for what frequency the tone knob is centered at. If it is in that area where the grain starts to show up, that will make it a fantastic pedal. I am all about touch sensitive OD. It is a big part of my playing. I lighten up and dig in more than I use my volume knob. For bigger variation I reach for the volume knob. That is what draws me to the touch sensitivity.

Still no new deliver date. I am guessing they may have a new date in the morning.

That tone and response is what I picked up on from the videos that made me buy it. My only fear is as you turn the gain up it may get kind of grainy. That may be able to be tamed with the tone knob. I wasn't able to get a good feel for what frequency the tone knob is centered at. If it is in that area where the grain starts to show up, that will make it a fantastic pedal. I am all about touch sensitive OD. It is a big part of my playing. I lighten up and dig in more than I use my volume knob. For bigger variation I reach for the volume knob. That is what draws me to the touch sensitivity.

Still no new deliver date. I am guessing they may have a new date in the morning.
I don't hear any graniness. It's very smooth, organic and musical.

I think you'll love it.

Has a nice smoothness about it.
It's very smooth. Had it a couple of days now. It's up there with the best overdrive pedals I've owned.

I'm loving the Halo too. It's a terrific delay.

I could easily do a gig with just those two pedals, my amp and my guitar and get a great sound.

I have a small Pedal Train board with Voodoo Power with no pedals on it that I'm going to use for just that.

Last edited:
My shipment has a delivery date again. It will be here some time tomorrow. I now have 4 pedals setting out ready to compare. I have an OCD that I like very much. Mine sounds different than those owned by friends of mine. We did a comparison with some of them a number of years back and every one of us liked mine best. I made sure everyone knew it was not for sale and probably never will be. That is one of the pedals I have out. I also have a Red Dirt that I absolutely love. That is another one I have out. The other two are a Germanium OCD and Germanium Red Dirt. It should be a good comparison with those pedals.

There is a new episode of Pete Thorn Sunday Live with Andy Timmons on it. It is worth the watch. He talks about the delay pedal and how he thinks it does a lot more than his Eventide was doing for him and that is what it took to replace it.

My shipment has a delivery date again. It will be here some time tomorrow. I now have 4 pedals setting out ready to compare. I have an OCD that I like very much. Mine sounds different than those owned by friends of mine. We did a comparison with some of them a number of years back and every one of us liked mine best. I made sure everyone knew it was not for sale and probably never will be. That is one of the pedals I have out. I also have a Red Dirt that I absolutely love. That is another one I have out. The other two are a Germanium OCD and Germanium Red Dirt. It should be a good comparison with those pedals.

There is a new episode of Pete Thorn Sunday Live with Andy Timmons on it. It is worth the watch. He talks about the delay pedal and how he thinks it does a lot more than his Eventide was doing for him and that is what it took to replace it.
The Halo is far more versatile than I thought.

It really could serve as someone's only delay.

Back