Keeley AT (Andy Timmons) Mod Overdrive Pedal

When Andy plays in the upper registers there's a somewhat dissonant high frequency harmonic overtone. You can clearly hear it most on bends when he plays clean.

Of course, I have no way of telling whether that's in the pedal itself, the delay pedal repeating different parts of the bends (which would make shorter delays repeat out of tune portions of the bend as the bend returns to tune), the recording process, or the lossy audio compression YouTube imposes.

My guess is it most likely has something to do with the delay taps.

I use ducked delays to avoid that problem, but that's a personal thing - inharmonic beating drives me crazy. Might not bother anyone else.

Watching Andy's evident bliss when he plays, my initial guess is that it's not the overdrive pedal. I'm just mentioning this in case anyone else hears it.

Last edited:
Listened quite a bit to the Super AT Mod and the Halo today, played by a few different players, not just Andy.

Mostly mediocre bedroom players unfortunately. Andy definietely gets the best sound out of those pedals.

I like the Super At Mod. Might have to try one of those.

I'd get bored with the sound of the Halo. Pretty soon the pedal would be playing me and I'd feel like I threw my money away.

But the Super AT Mod seems to get a great tone and appears to not be a one trick pedal.

Seems very versatile!

Last edited:
Listened quite a bit to the Super AT Mod and the Halo today, played by a few different players, not just Andy.

Mostly mediocre bedroom players unfortunately. Andy definietely gets the best sound out of those pedals.

I like the Super At Mod. Might have to try one of those.

I'd get bored with the sound of the Halo. Pretty soon the pedal would be playing me and I'd feel like I threw my money away.

But the Super AT Mod seems to get a great tone and appears to not be a one trick pedal.

Seems very versatile!
They Only Made A Limited Number Of Them So Don't Miss Out If You Do Want One.Regarding The Halo, It Can Do Much More But That AT Setting Is Glorious IMO.

When Andy plays in the upper registers there's a somewhat dissonant high frequency harmonic overtone. You can clearly hear it most on bends when he plays clean.

Of course, I have no way of telling whether that's in the pedal itself, the delay pedal repeating different parts of the bends (which would make shorter delays repeat out of tune portions of the bend as the bend returns to tune), the recording process, or the lossy audio compression YouTube imposes.

My guess is it most likely has something to do with the delay taps.

I use ducked delays to avoid that problem, but that's a personal thing - inharmonic beating drives me crazy. Might not bother anyone else.

Watching Andy's evident bliss when he plays, my initial guess is that it's not the overdrive pedal. I'm just mentioning this in case anyone else hears it.
I suspect that what you're hearing as dissonance is intentional. That "chorus/reverb" effect of the two delays intertwining and interacting and spontaneously creating the unexpected.

I've been curious about the Halo since I first heard it.

Now I'm equally curious about the Super AT Mod.

Reverb? Pro Audio Star?
It was, yes. They counter offered and I had already found a demo unit at Sweetwater that I figured I would buy if they didn't accept my offer. Their counter offer was a little more than what the one at Sweetwater was so I declined their counter offer and bought the demo unit from Sweetwater. I have purchased demo units from them before. They are typically new pedals that hey are trying to blow out because they only have a few left. I prefer getting one from Sweetwater anyway. I know them and have purchased plenty from them. I know they will be there for me if I have any issues at all and I know the pedal will show up. I have never heard of Pro Audio Star so there is always the possibility the purchase could have gone sideways.

They Only Made A Limited Number Of Them So Don't Miss Out If You Do Want One.Regarding The Halo, It Can Do Much More But That AT Setting Is Glorious IMO.
It looks like they only made a limited number of both of these pedals. This is from their web site for the Super AT Mod. I don't know how many batches they are planning.

First Batch – SOLD OUT – Begins shipping on or before 05-16-2023​

Second Batch – Begins shipping on or before 05-23-2023​

I highly doubt it.
It's just that in other videos I watched on the Halo, that pitch rise in the trails does get mentioned by both Andy and Robert Keeley.

The Halo seems to be all about the trails.

If the pitch is rising in the trails and Andy is playing up high and also bending notes against the trails that are rising in pitch, sounds like a recipe for some dissonance.

Last edited:
It's just that in other videos I watched on the Halo, that pitch rise in the trails does get mentioned by both Andy and Robert Keeley.

The Halo seems to be all about the trails.

If the pitch is rising in the trails and Andy is playing up high and also bending notes against the trails that are rising in pitch, sounds like a recipe for some dissonance.
Any delay is about the trails. That's what delays do. You set the number, amplitude and envelope of the repeats with the controls, hence the length of the trails.

I think the pitch issue a concomitant of most any delay that doesn't have a side chain ducking feature if you have repeats of a certain length and amplitude. Even my recent Tube Tape Echo had the problem with bends regarding repeats, and that's hardly new technology.

Sounds more like an excuse than an intentional design choice to me, but...I wasn't there and can't say. Whatever the case, I don't like it.

The ducked delay algorithm is one of my favorite things about the H9s.

Last edited:
Sounds more like an excuse than an intentional design choice to me, but...I wasn't there and can't say. Whatever the case, I don't like it.

I just ordered both pedals.

It's a pretty unique trails sound that the Halo has and I love what I'm hearing from the Super AT Mod. Seems like an extremely versatile overdrive/distortion pedal.

The Halo sounds like it has reverb and chorus and echo trails intertwining, but according to Robert Keeley there isn't any reverb or chorus. It just sounds that way.

I didn't buy it to use as a versatile delay. I have a Timeline and a Providence Chronos.

Bought it for that particular "Halo" sound that seems to put Andy into a creative trance!

Last edited:
It looks like they only made a limited number of both of these pedals. This is from their web site for the Super AT Mod. I don't know how many batches they are planning.

First Batch – SOLD OUT – Begins shipping on or before 05-16-2023​

Second Batch – Begins shipping on or before 05-23-2023​

If I Am Not Mistaken, I Believe The Total Amount Of Pedals That Will Be Made Is 1000.

It's a pretty unique trails sound that the Halo has and I love what I'm hearing from the Super AT Mod. Seems like an extremely versatile overdrive/distortion pedal.

The Halo sounds like it has reverb and chorus and echo trails intertwining, but according to Robert Keeley there isn't any reverb or chorus. It just sounds that way.

I didn't buy it to use as a versatile delay. I have a Timeline and a Providence Chronos.

Bought it for that particular "Halo" sound that seems to put Andy into a creative trance!
What works for you..worls!

I Bet You Love Both Pedals. Congrats!

Back