Keeley AT (Andy Timmons) Mod Overdrive Pedal

The More I Play Mine The More I Like It. The AT Pedal And Halo Together Take Me Into Sounds I Normally Don't Call Home So It Is Very Fun And Refreshing For Me. These Pedals Have Been Life Changing For Me In This Sonic Shift I Am Dabbling In To Feed My Soul...

I Am Glad Others Are Digging Them As Well. That Makes Me Happy. :)

Got an early delivery on the Halo and the Super AT Mod pedal yesterday.

Took the Timeline off my board temporarily and made room for both.

So far I really like the Halo and my girlfriend loves it! She says it sounds beautiful.

Well what she actually said is "Is that your new guitar? It sounds beautiful!"

She was speaking of my Bernie, but listening to me play it through the Halo.

Anyways, within 5 minutes I'd discovered new chords and a new song hiding in the guitar strings of my Bernie Marsden!

I think I'm going to hook everything up in stereo today.

Play through both of my PRS HDRX 20 amps.

Didn't spend much time with the Super AT Mod yet.

But I like it.

Nice to have another overdrive voice that's not just about fuzz and distortion.
It's even better to have a supportive girl friend who appreciates your guitar playing!

It's even better to have a supportive girl friend who appreciates your guitar playing!
I got really lucky with that. I turned her into my wife 36 years ago this month. I couldn't have asked for a more supportive wife with my music. She actually keeps mentioning to me about getting into the music room and making some noise for her to listen to. She really enjoys hearing me play and watching me on stage. She is a good cook too. I won the lottery with this girl.

The More I Play Mine The More I Like It. The AT Pedal And Halo Together Take Me Into Sounds I Normally Don't Call Home So It Is Very Fun And Refreshing For Me. These Pedals Have Been Life Changing For Me In This Sonic Shift I Am Dabbling In To Feed My Soul...

I Am Glad Others Are Digging Them As Well. That Makes Me Happy. :)
Yep. They go together beautifully. The sounds are inspiring. They trigger me to play new things and new chords and even new rhythms.

The Halo can do just about anything a good delay can do, and a lot more.

And the AT Pedal is one of the most organic sounding overdrives I've ever used!

Haven't plugged into anything else since they arrived, and now they're on their own little PedalTrain board.

I got really lucky with that. I turned her into my wife 36 years ago this month. I couldn't have asked for a more supportive wife with my music. She actually keeps mentioning to me about getting into the music room and making some noise for her to listen to. She really enjoys hearing me play and watching me on stage. She is a good cook too. I won the lottery with this girl.
Yeah...I got a good one. She's smart, she loves music, she's an artist and self published author. Cool lady!

And she actually encourages me to buy guitars, play music and do whatever makes me happy!
My wife's a great person, but isn't into music much.

However, she was supportive when I wanted to change careers and go into music full time. I have to give her props for that!

My wife's a great person, but isn't into music much.

However, she was supportive when I wanted to change careers and go into music full time. I have to give her props for that!
When I was struggling with whether to stay with the job I have or look for something else that is less stressful, she straight up told me to quit and we will figure it out. She supports me more than I support myself. I would never quit a job without another one lined up. That just isn't who I am. I am always thinking of the future and where I would like it to go. If I tried to make a change to something completely different, I would have to do it on the side first to see if it could succeed.

If I tried to make a change to something completely different, I would have to do it on the side first to see if it could succeed.
Exactly what I did.

But I'd previously proven myself. In my mid-20s, I left my first law firm job because I was eager to start my own firm. It was successful, probably because II worked very hard and figured out how to attract business.

So in my late 30s, she trusted my career choice, and was supportive of my change in plan. But it took a lot of effort and wearing out shoe leather to make it happen. Fortunately, my studio was always in my house, so she always knew how to reach me! ;)

The pedal has landed. I heard it hit the porch from the room I work in, which is half way back in the house. I can't wait to watch the video from my doorbell camera of the USPS woman throwing it like a bowling ball.

I pulled it out and put it on the desk with the other 4 pedals I plan on comparing it to. From the first look, it is the exact same color of red as my Red Dirt pedal.

The pedal has landed. I heard it hit the porch from the room I work in, which is half way back in the house. I can't wait to watch the video from my doorbell camera of the USPS woman throwing it like a bowling ball.

I pulled it out and put it on the desk with the other 4 pedals I plan on comparing it to. From the first look, it is the exact same color of red as my Red Dirt pedal.
Hopefully It Isn't Damaged. I Also Hope It Is A Pedal You Enjoy Using And That It Inspires You To Make Music!!

All is good with the pedal. It was in it's box then bubble wrapped and then in the bigger box. She did exactly what I figured when I watched the video. She walked up close to the porch and just tossed it. She is a big woman and probably didn't feel like bending over to set it down nicely.

I got a chance to play with it a bit over lunch and compare it to the other four pedals. It has some of the characters of the Red Dirt that I like. The mid range is different which makes sense to me since the Red Dirt is based on a Tube Screamer circuit and the AG Phat Mod is based on a Blues Driver circuit.

I like the gain range it has. It cleans up really nicely with picking dynamics as well as volume knob adjustments. What I heard in the videos of how this pedal responds is part of the reason I bought it. It does not disappoint in this area.

I tried it with single coils and humbuckers. I like how it works with both. I like it on the AT side for some things and the Phat side for others. There are times on the single coils that I like the Phat side better and with humbuckers I like the AT side better for some things. If I ever started gigging with this pedal, I might have to buy a second one so I can have one set to the AT side and one set to the Phat side.

It looks to me like they are using the exact same box to make it that they use for the Red Dirt and are just silk screening different text on the red container. Red is my favorite color and I love this shade of it so I am all good with it. :)

My Thoughts:
Overall, I can tell already this pedal is a keeper for me. I like various OD pedals and compared this to a Keeley Red Dirt, Keeley Red Dirt Germanium, Fulltone OCD and Fulltone OCD Germanium. It is closer to the Red Dirt pedals. The OCD pedals have a different type of breakup to them. I like all 5 of these pedals and like that they are all slightly different.

I have never tried the original Phat Mod pedal so I don't know if the AT tweaks affect both switched positions on the pedal but I like what it sounds like.

I ran this pedal into a clean Vibrolux type of amp. It is a Marsh The Springfield. It is a modified Vibrolux circuit.

I bought this from Sweetwater as a Demo model. Outside of the sticker on the box that says Demo, there is no way to tell this pedal has ever been touched. The seal on the plastic bag had been opened but that is it.

Yeah...I got a good one. She's smart, she loves music, she's an artist and self published author. Cool lady!

And she actually encourages me to buy guitars, play music and do whatever makes me happy!

Me as well. My now-wife was one of our "groupies" (not really- I called dibs on her the moment I met her, I KNEW), and came to every show back in the day. Now, 35 years later, she is still coming to my gigs and we both still love music, go to shows together, and swap music biographies.

She's not a fan of new gear coming in, but that's a SPACE issue: We really don't have room to add anything, unless something else goes first. I don't have my own "music room"... altho we were considering adding on to to house , until the economy tanked and prices went through the roof.

Me as well. My now-wife was one of our "groupies" (not really- I called dibs on her the moment I met her, I KNEW), and came to every show back in the day. Now, 35 years later, she is still coming to my gigs and we both still love music, go to shows together, and swap music biographies.

She's not a fan of new gear coming in, but that's a SPACE issue: We really don't have room to add anything, unless something else goes first. I don't have my own "music room"... altho we were considering adding on to to house , until the economy tanked and prices went through the roof.
I am in the same position with the gear coming in. I have a room that is my music room but after they had us start working from home it is also my office and looks like that is going to be the case for the foreseeable future. I had this same situation before I moved here for this job. I had a room that was a combination music room and office.

I have guitars stashed just about everywhere I can put them. I was going to sell some but have been hesitant to do so. I am sort of afraid that if I sell some I may wish I had them back at some point and I am not willing to pay what it would cost to get them back at today's prices. They are good guitars that I like. I just have more than I can rotate through playing and there are a number that get no love.

I am in the same position with the gear coming in. I have a room that is my music room but after they had us start working from home it is also my office and looks like that is going to be the case for the foreseeable future. I had this same situation before I moved here for this job. I had a room that was a combination music room and office.

I have guitars stashed just about everywhere I can put them. I was going to sell some but have been hesitant to do so. I am sort of afraid that if I sell some I may wish I had them back at some point and I am not willing to pay what it would cost to get them back at today's prices. They are good guitars that I like. I just have more than I can rotate through playing and there are a number that get no love.
My projects and inspirations change a lot, so if it's not in my rotation, it's gone. However, my guitar 'problem' is that I don't keep them in my basement studio, because basements aren't good places to keep guitars due to humidity and potential leaks, storm drain backups, etc. A sump pump can only do so much.

While I haven't had serious problems, because we have a drainage system along the basement walls, A huge storm last year caused some rod hole leaks in the walls that I had to have plugged. You just never know with this basement stuff.

So I keep them in the den or my bedroom, both of which have space, but a bunch of guitar cases in a room drives my wife nuts. Oh well.

I played through this pedal and the others I have been comparing it with after lunch today and between some meetings. I REALLY like this pedal. It has such a natural sound and feel to it. I knew this was a keeper after the first couple of minutes playing through it. The more I mess with it the more I like it.

I can really hear the difference in the two modes with single coils. It seems like the frequencies it alters really stand out with single coils. I can clearly hear it with humbuckers but it seems more drastic with single coils. I plugged the DGT into it today. Dare I say it was magic? Yea, it was some magic going on. If I gigged with this I would have to either figure out which pickups to set it up for, or buy a second one to run them both, like Andy does.

I really like the gain range of this pedal. It has a decent amount of gain on tap. It really cleans up with lightening up on the pick attack or a little adjust of the volume knob. That is what I picked up on in the demo videos. It is very responsive, like an amp that is running hard enough to break up like the pedal does.

I like where the tone control on this pedal is set. It doesn't mud up when you turn the tone down and it doesn't get really harsh when you turn it up. Very nice.

I never really heard the mid range in my Red Dirt pedal. It is a modified TS circuit so it stands to reason there is a mid hump still in there. It is not as strong as a TS but it is there. Compared to the AT, I can hear it. I still love the Red Dirt but I am now in love with this AT pedal. I feel even better knowing I got it at a great price. I see more of them are listed on Reverb now and a number of them are listed over retail price. That is crazy since a few more were sent to the dealers within the last week. For me, this one is worth the price of admission.

I played through this pedal and the others I have been comparing it with after lunch today and between some meetings. I REALLY like this pedal. It has such a natural sound and feel to it. I knew this was a keeper after the first couple of minutes playing through it. The more I mess with it the more I like it.

I can really hear the difference in the two modes with single coils. It seems like the frequencies it alters really stand out with single coils. I can clearly hear it with humbuckers but it seems more drastic with single coils. I plugged the DGT into it today. Dare I say it was magic? Yea, it was some magic going on. If I gigged with this I would have to either figure out which pickups to set it up for, or buy a second one to run them both, like Andy does.

I really like the gain range of this pedal. It has a decent amount of gain on tap. It really cleans up with lightening up on the pick attack or a little adjust of the volume knob. That is what I picked up on in the demo videos. It is very responsive, like an amp that is running hard enough to break up like the pedal does.

I like where the tone control on this pedal is set. It doesn't mud up when you turn the tone down and it doesn't get really harsh when you turn it up. Very nice.

I never really heard the mid range in my Red Dirt pedal. It is a modified TS circuit so it stands to reason there is a mid hump still in there. It is not as strong as a TS but it is there. Compared to the AT, I can hear it. I still love the Red Dirt but I am now in love with this AT pedal. I feel even better knowing I got it at a great price. I see more of them are listed on Reverb now and a number of them are listed over retail price. That is crazy since a few more were sent to the dealers within the last week. For me, this one is worth the price of admission.
Great To Hear! I Am Beyond Happy With Mine. I Am Going To Try It With My Higher Gain Stuff And See what It Does There But In All Truth, I Am Over The Moon With It On The Cleanish Edge Of Breakup Stuff And The Volume Roll On The Guitar. Great Stuff IMO!!

Great To Hear! I Am Beyond Happy With Mine. I Am Going To Try It With My Higher Gain Stuff And See what It Does There But In All Truth, I Am Over The Moon With It On The Cleanish Edge Of Breakup Stuff And The Volume Roll On The Guitar. Great Stuff IMO!!
If you haven't tried stacking it yet, do it. It stacks well. I found that if I put another OD pedal in front of it set to light breakup the tone retains the tone of the AT OD. I haven't found anything this pedal doesn't do well yet for an OD pedal.

Last edited:
If you haven't tried stacking it yet, do it. It stack well. I found that if I put another OD pedal in front of it set to light breakup the tone retains the tone of the AT OD. I haven't found anything this pedal doesn't do well yet for an OD pedal.
That Is Good To Know! So Far I Have Been In Heaven With it On My SLO-30 With An Edge Of Break Up Base Tone. I Haven't Even Plugged It Into Any Of My Other Amps Because I Have Been So Happy With What I Discovered With it Sonically And Just Lived There.

That Is Good To Know! So Far I Have Been In Heaven With it On My SLO-30 With An Edge Of Break Up Base Tone. I Haven't Even Plugged It Into Any Of My Other Amps Because I Have Been So Happy With What I Discovered With it Sonically And Just Lived There.
Yes! SLO’s will do this to you.
My SLO-100 ain’t going anywhere.

Back