Just thinking about it right now but....

Steve's addiction

I've been watching videos about the 2 Rock Bloomfield. I know it's pricey but I love the tones. Those of you who have owned (Les) a 2 Rock, are they really worth the step up over a Mesa (5 50 express plus)? I'm more of a clean tone rather than gritty but do love to let loose on occasion. No one around here has any in stock yet so I am just going on the videos. Thanks in advance

I've been watching videos about the 2 Rock Bloomfield. I know it's pricey but I love the tones. Those of you who have owned (Les) a 2 Rock, are they really worth the step up over a Mesa (5 50 express plus)? I'm more of a clean tone rather than gritty but do love to let loose on occasion. No one around here has any in stock yet so I am just going on the videos. Thanks in advance

I listened to, and played through, one at MA Pete's a couple of times in the past year. "Oh my" is all I can say. I had no previous exposure to TR before that, so I don't know how they compare to other models. I was turned to jelly by the tones that came out of that amp. Simply glorious, to my ears. We were playing single coil guitars the first time (including a Silver Sky) and it just sounded like "that sound". It takes dirt pedals extremely well. I can't say enough about it. We all know that Pete has been through some stellar guitars, but he's just as big into high end amps. He's been through more than anyone's fair share. That Bloomfield, at the time, was his favorite. I say at that time because he's been on a bit of a hiatus, and I'm not sure what/if he's playing these days.

I left his house that day knowing that I would buy one if I was in a different home situation. Meaning; if I didn't live in a townhouse, and share a paper thin wall with someone, I would jump on one.

I've been watching videos about the 2 Rock Bloomfield. I know it's pricey but I love the tones. Those of you who have owned (Les) a 2 Rock, are they really worth the step up over a Mesa (5 50 express plus)?

It’s hard to say whether it’d be value for someone else, because that’s subjective, but for me the answer was yes. The tone, obviously, you’ve experienced; as the amp settles in, it gets even better, and of course, the player gets better at dialing it in.

I played only TRs for 12 years, and had several of them, because they kept coming up with juicy new models.

I love Mesas, and have a couple along with my PRS amps, but the TRs are in a different league.

Back