Just purchased a new SE T40E TS

NCBandit

Hi All,
It's been awhile since I have poked my head in here but I thought I would share my recent impulse purchase. I have had an electric SE Standard and acoustic SE Angeles A10E for a couple of years now and love them both.

Well, out of boredom I pulled up the PRS website to see what SE acoustics they have in the line now. After listening to the video demos the SE T40E TS really sparked my interest. Of course I had to check EBAY for availability with no intention of actually making a purchase. With the great deal staring me in the face it was amazing that I couldn't keep myself from clicking BUY IT NOW.:D

I can't think of another line of acoustic guitars in this price point where I would buy online without playing one first, but since my A10E is so awesome I have confidence this will be a winner too.

I must say however that I was a little put off at first seeing they are made in China now instead of Korea, but from everything I have read it appears the quality is still top notch. Can't complain about the ebony bridge and fret board now either. :D Should be here next week, can't wait.

Congrats! Pics or you bought a ukulele!
LOL!! I hear ya. Since I'm still waiting for delivery hear is the actual photo from EBAY.

SE%20T40E.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PRS-SE-T40ETS-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-Tobacco-Sunburst/173681068186?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

SE%20T40E.jpg

Last edited:
Update: 2:35PM 5/24/19, it is out for delivery on the UPS Truck which usually comes between now and 3:00PM. My face is pressed up against the window, eyes wide, waiting impatiently like a child at Christmas, hoping it comes before the wife gets home so I can delay the " I was weak and couldn't help my self explanation:. :D

s!Avt4lwEp4VWCpnMovWhQrmFUUGhs[IMG]

Here is a pic of the new addition next to the A10E. My wife asked me why I needed another guitar. :D If I have to explain it you wont understand.

y4pCKmybzmM3KFu_nDKMZHTfEFz82sU0oazrO1jQBdbodVkxPf6DDzJawfebyThZWst5wy15hHse4xNiJXSB_qRCUu6WsNClk79gocSVylqbASRBVi8V4XPmDNP2e1bbLNlFsaUr0T9ju9Bew0POXi-OVLaKfzDm7OnGyk5AqYhRb3eueQXctRquwpYm-qqhQw_

Last edited:
I'm considering purchasing a SE T40E, and see from this post that you bought one a few months ago. Any thoughts on how you are finding it, particularly tone/sound and playability?

Thanks,
Matt

Hey Matt, I absolutely love the guitar and is definitely a keeper. I am not an expert at describing acoustic guitar sounds but to me this is warm, rich, and balanced. For example the E chord is very deep and rich and records very well with a condensor mic. The highs are still beautiful but not as dynamic as my PRS SE Angeles which is a brighter guitar but less balanced. I hope this helps. Every PRS acoustic I have ever played sounds amazing.

I forget to mention the playability. These guitars play very easy with low action for an acoustic. The truss rod is easy to adjust to fine tune the string height.

Thanks NCBandit. I appreciate your information on both the tone/sound and the playability.

Back