Just Pulled the Trigger on my First PRS in Years!

cshore

I owned a Mira (the original non S2 kind) and one of those SE singlecuts with P90s back in the day, but I haven't owned a PRS in 4-5 years now. My roommate's been gigging his 25th anniversary HBII for the longest time and I've always admired it. I wanted something sort of like that, but not quite as hollow as my band can get a little heavier sometimes. But I still wanted something with an F Hole.

Very excited to say I'm expecting this one in about a week and I couldn't be more excited. Got a very good deal on it. This is about the only guitar, PRS or otherwise, that I can think of that has a trem and a semi-hollow body, other than the 408 semi-hollow. The next couple of days waiting for it are going to be tough!

$_57.JPG

I think the 25" scale and 24 frets will take some getting used to. My main guitar has been a G&L legacy for years so this is quite a change. Not to mention the obvious pickup difference and the fact that my G&L was a 10 pound anchor. This CU24 is supposedly 6.5 pounds so it will feel like an entirely different instrument on my shoulder!

very sweet, Is it Aquableu?

Congrats :rock:

That looks like Faded Blue Jean to me, with some contrast and saturation enhancements Post-Prod, but I am often wrong in such matters.

Nice axe!

That looks like Faded Blue Jean to me, with some contrast and saturation enhancements Post-Prod, but I am often wrong in such matters.

Nice axe!

It is actually indeed Aquableux. Either way it doesn't look quite like other pictures of the finish that I've seen. If it comes out looking like these photos or closer to the actual finish, either one works for me. :redface:

It is actually indeed Aquableux. Either way it doesn't look quite like other pictures of the finish that I've seen. If it comes out looking like these photos or closer to the actual finish, either one works for me. :redface:

this

Back