Just play your guitar, mistakes don’t matter

veinbuster

Zombie Three, DFZ
Another thread asked about the urge to quit. I didn’t want to pollute it with my silliness.
In the fall, I barely looked at a guitar for a couple of months. Then be day I sat down for half an hour with a couple of my best acoustics and just played what came to me. There were mistakes in everything, but that’s ok. It gave me a bit of peace. Then I used it as a simple soundtrack to some memories.
The result is below. It is long and self indulgent. Everything but the last minute (I don’t expect many to get that far) is original, just me playing my feelings.

I think it is fabulous! In my opinion, the only mistake would have been thinking you should not do something like this because of little mistakes!! The emotion is there and that is what music is meant for, to display the emotion in a language that all can understand!!! Thanks for sharing!!!! BTW, one of my favorite shots was one (seemed near wedding time) with the old audio equipment (Akai, etc) including a cassette tape unit! I love seeing that classic stuff we relied on for years to provide us with our life's soundtrack!!

If you play it twice, it wasn’t a mistake. Every single clip I’ve ever posted has clams and warts. It gives a piece character…that a human made it.

I’ll always keep a copy of your tribute. It makes my eyes rain. Leslie would have been so proud.

Back