Just ordered some Bare Knuckle Nantucket P90's...

I've had nothing but great results with Bareknuckle pickups. I have 'Boss' pickups in both of my Tele's
It was between Bare Knuckles and Sanford Magnetics, a small pickup maker in Canada.

The wait was too long from Sanford and i was kind of leaning to Bare Knockles anyway.

Some great pickup manufacturers in the UK. I have Monty pickups in my Strat that are killer! My PRS Paul's guitar is the first stock guitar I've not felt the need to change pickups in

...for my SE Soapbar. They're supposed to get that Leslie West sound.

Now all I'll need is a Marshall (or a Stramp) and aconcert hall to crank it in.

Actually, I have a feeling the HDRX 20 is going to do nicely!

Should be great!

All of which reminds me, I saw Mountain, Jefferson Airplane, John Sebastian and a couple others at an outdoor festival in East Lansing in 'whenever the heck that was' but I'm guessing...1970.

Perhaps you were there?

Should be great!

All of which reminds me, I saw Mountain, Jefferson Airplane, John Sebastian and a couple others at an outdoor festival in East Lansing in 'whenever the heck that was' but I'm guessing...1970.

Perhaps you were there?
Nope. I was an Ann Arbor guy. Didn't get to Lansing very often

My girlfriend went to State until she transferred to UM. So I visited East Lansing often.

Hey, I must have had a good time, I wound up marrying her.
Wow! Congratulations!

I married my Ann Arbor girlfriend.
It seems like Ann Arbor weekend. I just found out one of my nephews will be attending the Computer Science program there. My other UM connections are:
-another nephew that married his co-Wolverine sweetheart
-UM was my first admit
-you have our old football coach who's had some success against that school in Columbus

Some great pickup manufacturers in the UK.
Alan Dingwall is my favourite of all of them :)

I've got some custom-wounds by Alan on my #1 S-type, and I'll be putting his pickups into all my guitars from now on.

It seems like Ann Arbor weekend. I just found out one of my nephews will be attending the Computer Science program there. My other UM connections are:
-UM was my first admit
-you have our old football coach who's had some success against that school in Columbus
I just root like hell for the football and hockey teams.:)

-UM was my first admit
I didn't go to school at the University of Michigan, didn't go to college at all. But i lived there from 1967 until the mid 70's.

I was there to participate in the scene...which was quite a scene in those days!

Free concerts in the park, the Ann Arbor street riots, the Hash Bash...ah...those thrilling days of yesteryear!

Iggy lived there, John Sinclair and the MC5, Commander Cody... lots and lots of musicians.

Dan Erlewine was just starting out repairing guitars when I was there.

He still had a lot to learn at that time, but he's clearly learned it now...and then some!

Last edited:
-UM was my first admit
My wife and I, and two of our kids went to Michigan as well. My oldest daughter went to UC Santa Barbara (I kinda don't blame her, the campus is gorgeous and on the ocean, plus she majored in Theater).

Since you mention Harbaugh, I take it you went to Stanford? Great school!

Iggy lived there, John Sinclair and the MC5, Commander Cody... lots and lots of musicians.
The Stooges and MC5 shared a house across the street from me on Lincoln; my band opened for Commander Cody at a festival. Truthfully, they were so good I felt we didn't deserve to be on the same stage. But at least they didn't have to worry about being upstaged by the opening act!! :)

The Stooges and MC5 shared a house across the street from me on Lincoln; my band opened for Commander Cody at a festival. Truthfully, they were so good I felt we didn't deserve to be on the same stage. But at least they didn't have to worry about being upstaged by the opening act!! :)
I was already there, but I remember the White Panther Party, Trans Love Energies, the MC5 and a band called the Up moving to A2 and sharing two old mansions at 1510 Hill Street in Ann Arbor.

John Lennon and Yoko may have stayed there too, when John played a benefit for John Sinclair, who was in prison for possession of two joints.

John brought his band, Elephant's Memory, for the show. All they did was jam. Just a lot of 50's Be Bop a Lula, Memphis, Johnny B Goode 3 chord stuff, augmented by Yoko's completely inappropriate and out of key yowling.

Last edited:
Since you mention Harbaugh, I take it you went to Stanford?
He's awesome. Us beating USC, southeast of us, must feel like beating that school southeast of you that Bo never mentioned. Gotta admit though, that viewed from the West Coast, Woody was great entertainment.

And UCSB's great. A few of friends' kids went there and had a great time, including one that got a deferred admit to Cornell, went to UCSB for a quarter and then never left.

Last edited:
He's awesome. Us beating USC, southeast of us, must feel like beating that school southeast of you that Bo never mentioned. Gotta admit though, that viewed from the West Coast, Woody was great entertainment.
Woody Hayes? I remember when he punched a Clemson player after the guy made an interception.

I think that was it for Woody. He resigned after that.

That was the last game he coached for Ohio State if I remember right.

Last edited:
Back