Just Maintainin'!

I should spend all of my browsing/buying time learning how to play. Crap, if I put as much effort into playing as I do procuring I'd be rippin' right now! :oops:

I'm in the same big 'instant gratification' boat as the rest of y'all. Bodia's post fit's me to a "T" as well.
I've got lot's of 'mods' and 'upgrades' on deck for gittars I already own like Sergio mentioned.
That being said, my current stance is:
1] The Vela RL is my last gittar purchase for awhile, at least until next year sometime. I even told Mrs. Bebop, who is a worse enabler than myself ( I'll show her a gittar that's neat or slightly interesting, and she'll say "did you order it yet?". I'll say "do you think I should?". She'll say "Heck yeah... life's short..." ) ... anyway, I told her to -remind- me "No More Gittars right now". I honestly don't have the time to play even my favorites at the moment...
2] When I do set down and make an effort to learn a new song, and start 'getting it'.... that's the most rewarding feeling I get from all this investment anyway... I need to do a lot more of that!

and they both came via trades! '95 CE24 that I traded my Custom 50 for, and a '91 LE Sig that I traded my gray/black fade 594 for.

I'm ready to trade you some of my cash for some sauce!
My shipping department fed me some misinformation...your previously intended shipment went to another recipient. :eek: Rule #1 in business ownership: never hire someone you can’t fire. This all came to light 2 nights ago, so, who knows what might happen...soon. ;)

My shipping department fed me some misinformation...your previously intended shipment went to another recipient. :eek: Rule #1 in business ownership: never hire someone you can’t fire. This all came to light 2 nights ago, so, who knows what might happen...soon. ;)

Hired help,is hard to find. o_O

I spent a good portion of the day yesterday doing maintenance on a few guitars that I’ve been neglecting.

My old buddy, the CE24 that I’ve had for 25 years needed a volume pot for the last 7 years... I finally bought and installed one in there before using it someplace else like I usually do. I’m psyched, I think it may even get some new saddles down the road, but for the meantime, it’ll get be back into playing it more.

I also finally wired up the splits properly on my Gumby gold foil CE22, a feature I had missed since completing it in December.

But sh!t, man.... my eyesight is getting pretty bad. I think I need glasses. I may have to start maintainin’ my health a little more seriously than I do my guitars... or at least as much. Getting old creeps up on you.

But sh!t, man.... my eyesight is getting pretty bad. I think I need glasses. I may have to start maintainin’ my health a little more seriously than I do my guitars... or at least as much. Getting old creeps up on you.

At your age it creeps but don't turn around tomorrow cause it's gaining fast. Best to get into the habit of working on it now.

At your age it creeps but don't turn around tomorrow cause it's gaining fast. Best to get into the habit of working on it now.

That's the truth. My body is like a 1974 Pontiac Firebird (totally not as cool as a Trans Am) that has never had anything but oil changes and gas done to it.

I spent a good portion of the day yesterday doing maintenance on a few guitars that I’ve been neglecting.

My old buddy, the CE24 that I’ve had for 25 years needed a volume pot for the last 7 years... I finally bought and installed one in there before using it someplace else like I usually do. I’m psyched, I think it may even get some new saddles down the road, but for the meantime, it’ll get be back into playing it more.

I also finally wired up the splits properly on my Gumby gold foil CE22, a feature I had missed since completing it in December.

Lol!
I ignored getting proper glasses for over 5 years. I just used increasing levels of readers. Might as well just get it over with and do it properly the first time.:)

Love this thread! Just Maintainin..... I'm not there right now. I was in that place for some years but the last to I've bought and sold several. My favorite, my Whale Blue 1990 Cu24 is still with me, I've experimented with a bunch of PUPS in my Santana, Love my Tonare Grand, I am grateful for my guitars but last few months I had the burning desire to buy three "classic" PRS's all Cust24 and did, 1989,1990, and 1991. Love them all!! I don't think I'm done yet, I really want a 90/91 LTD Cu24 with Cedar top like Bodia's model. Ahhhh so many guitars so little time. What can I say, I love playing PRS guitars and am grateful for everyone I've ever owned and played! Eventually I will mature and maintain again :D

Back