Just introduction

Jason G

Just joined the forum after getting my first new PRS (35th SE Custom 24) since 2015. I love it, and thought I might check this out and maybe chat with other fans. Anyone else give a 35th anniversary guitar a try yet?

Welcome Jason, congratulations on your new guitar.
Thank you! I am really quite taken with it. I haven’t tried an SE Custom in person for a long time, and I am really glad I got to try one and then order this one. I am not wishing for a “better” guitar!

Welcome Jason, I believe one of our UK members has one, his name eludes me.

If it comes to mind I’ll update you.

Edit: @WildWayz has put up a new guitar thread for his.
Yes, I think so, and I believe he posted a video. If it is the same person we are thinking of, I ended up writing quite a bit in the comments, and in the comments for the PRS demo video. A couple of comments that it doesn’t look like the one in their demo. Anyway thanks, I am glad to be on the forum now and have a few responses.

Welcome to the forum, and congrats, it looks like these 35th guitars are going to be the best PRS has put out so far!
I had not played a PRS in a long while, except for a SE about a year ago in a crowded and noisy store, and I thought it was the only place that I could go. But a few months ago I found a spot with Se and core models right under my nose. Which were all clean, set up properly and in tune. My opinion from the first place was changed and I was really surprised at the difference. Current SE models seem to be a great deal better than even 2 years ago. They cost more money now, but are some of the best even around $500. Do you have an SE too, or maybe rocking a core model?

Congrats on your new guitar and welcome to the forum!
I have a 2019 SE Schizoid (which is just a standard 24 with a crazy paint job) and it holds its' own very nicely against my core PRS guitars. The only issue I will eventually address is to get locking tuners and possibly a core nut so the tuning stability is better when using the trem. As is, it still works much better than a lot of much more expensive non-prs trems.

I had not played a PRS in a long while, except for a SE about a year ago in a crowded and noisy store, and I thought it was the only place that I could go. But a few months ago I found a spot with Se and core models right under my nose. Which were all clean, set up properly and in tune. My opinion from the first place was changed and I was really surprised at the difference. Current SE models seem to be a great deal better than even 2 years ago. They cost more money now, but are some of the best even around $500. Do you have an SE too, or maybe rocking a core model?
I have a few old core guitars, I tend to buy them used. Here's a thread with most of my guitars in it https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/im-just-here-for-the-likes.37693/ :D

Back