Just got out of surgery

ScottR

If nobody saw it, it didn't happen.
Just got out of surgery to have my right hip replaced. Amazing that it is out patient. Gonna be able to walk without a hitch in my step from bone on bone in the ball and socket. Modern medicine is incredible.

Glad it went smoothly and you came out in great spirits! I'm scheduled for back surgery next month myself. It's out patient as well. Modern medicine=Sorcery, and I'm not mad about it! Get well soon my man!

veinbuster

Zombie Three, DFZ
Just got out of surgery to have my right hip replaced. Amazing that it is out patient. Gonna be able to walk without a hitch in my step from bone on bone in the ball and socket. Modern medicine is incredible.
Fantastic.
Yes, modern medicine is amazing.
My mom was not a fan of how quickly they wanted her up on her feet after hip surgery, but that is what you have to do.
A friend of mine is playing his best golf of his life after getting new hips.

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
Congrats, sir! My father-in-law had both hips replaced a couple years before he died (not hip-related - he didn't dart into traffic or anything), and he said he couldn't believe how much better he felt so quickly. He didn't do as much rehab as he was supposed to, so he never got the full benefit. My wife has had three knee replacements*, and she still does some of the rehab exercises. Those are really key. Hope the recovery goes well.

* - Despite what you're thinking, the three replacements were not her right knee, left knee, and weenie - I'm still here. She had the left done twice because the implant worked loose.

DreamTheaterRules

Recovering jokester
Congrats and please just like alan said make sure you stick to your rehab exercises they are just as if not more inportant than the surgery itself.
Yes!

And, let me know if you start dunking again because if you do, I'm going to have one of mine replaced! I played basketball with my grandson last week and I can BARELY get the rim anymore! :eek:

Tom Bradovich

Hope you are up, around and better than ever real soon. Amazing that this can be done as an outpatient now days.