Just got my A20E!

dougdnh

Part time musician, living in new Hampshire
Got a 2015 A20E in mint condition - wow, love this guitar! I ordered it blind from Dave's - very pleased with condition and price. I see what they mean when they say it plays like an electric, it has a very different feel from other acoustics I've owned. Anyhow, the guitar came in it's case with a neck wrench, and an extra saddle.I was wondering if PRS had an owner's manual that came with these guitars. i might tweak the neck a hair since there is a tiny buzz on the D string around the 7th fret.

Congratulations! Post photos!

An owners manual was not included in my new purchase of an A55e. Also I didn’t find one searching just now.

I’d suggest just asking your questions here. I’d wager that any knowledge not available here must be a PRS trade secret!

Congrats! I don't think there was a manual with any of my PRS acoustics. I'd have to check to be certain.

Got a 2015 A20E in mint condition - wow, love this guitar! I ordered it blind from Dave's - very pleased with condition and price. I see what they mean when they say it plays like an electric, it has a very different feel from other acoustics I've owned. Anyhow, the guitar came in it's case with a neck wrench, and an extra saddle.I was wondering if PRS had an owner's manual that came with these guitars. i might tweak the neck a hair since there is a tiny buzz on the D string around the 7th fret.
I'm pretty sure there are no manuals for the acoustics. The buzz may be due to humidity changes from Dave to your place. Give it a day or two and see if its still there. If so you may want to tweak the truss rod (carefully) one direction or another. Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for all the feedback. I see that PRS has a pretty good video on neck adjustment. However he's working with a solidbody - I suspect the setup would be the same on the Angelus?
Actually today the slight buzz seems to be gone, so i may just let things be for now. I'm not used to an acoustic having such a low action.
Anyhow, I tried to get a picture out here, but it looks like it needs to be on a web site.

Thanks for all the feedback. I see that PRS has a pretty good video on neck adjustment. However he's working with a solidbody - I suspect the setup would be the same on the Angelus?
Actually today the slight buzz seems to be gone, so i may just let things be for now. I'm not used to an acoustic having such a low action.
Anyhow, I tried to get a picture out here, but it looks like it needs to be on a web site.
yes, changing the neck relief is the same, just make small adjustments and let the neck rest before making more changes. less than an eight of a turn is usually all I need to keep the neck where it should be. if you have the tools, the neck relief should be .008, low string action at 5/64" and high string action at 4/65". (from a reputable shop and PRS Dealer) If you feel that is too low, you can shim the saddle with 1/64" maple sheet material until it is high enough. Personally, I love the lower action and left mine as is.

Back