Just Bought SE Custom 22 Semi-Hollow Limited-Edition

Mark 10top

Just bought a SE Custom 22 Semi-Hollow and am replacing the trem. Does anyone know if the Gotoh 510T-SF2 is a direct fit for a replacement. Please I am not asking for opinions on quality or suggestions on other trems, just asking if anyone knows of the fitment.
Thank you folks, Mark

well the first SE I bought was scared about replacing the tuners so I went to Mann. Nice tuners he supplied. The next SE I bought Gotoh tuners fit perfect. Saved a bit of money that way. I seriously don't think import guitar parts are different from each other for the most part. A company is not going to completely retool because another brand name is being slapped on the build.

Thank you for getting me the specs Stephen J. thou I have the specs for the Gotoh narrow spacing already. I am trying to get the specs for the PRS SE trem to compare. I have an SE here that I can measure from, just am looking for anyone that has made the swap or has tried. Thank you again for taking the time to get the specs, it was very good of you.

I've not heard of anyone using this trem on a PRS, but I see some comments that it will fit a Mexi strat - I put a PRS trem on a Mexi strat and the mounting holes did line up. So, by roundabout way of reasoning, it will probably fit. Although, mind if I ask why you're replacing it? I think the trem on the SE would be just as good or better than the Gotoh.

If you look at the PRS then at the Gotoh there are a few things I think the PRS needs to modify. The body on the PRS has rounded corners while the saddles are square. This design you lose a little space for intonation, really not sure why it is set up this way. The main reason is I am replacing the hardware with black chrome and the Gotoh is a really good trem and black. I am also replacing those ugly pic up rings with black. I'll take a pic of as new and as modified and post it. In my honest opinion neither Gib or Prs knows what a good looking design is. They know how to make truly fantastic playing and sounding guitars but they really need help in the looks.

... In my honest opinion neither Gib or Prs knows what a good looking design is. They know how to make truly fantastic playing and sounding guitars but they really need help in the looks.

Hello Mark.

Just out of curiosity, which guitar designs and/or companies make guitars that you think look good?

No 1 company has all bad or good. I have an ESP koa that the only thing replaced was the nut and control knobs. Oh yeah replaced the pots with cts push pulls with independent splits. White or light pickup rings and binding are too stark, should be subtle. Pickups shouldn't scream look at me here I am. Unless of course you are matching the hardware but the rings really should not jump out at you. I have a warmoth strat made from walnut with a musikraft neck made out of pau ferro black ebony board with gold frets. All the hardware is gold. It has a pearloid scratch plate. I printed pearloid vinyl (do design in a sign shop) and covered the pickups. Now the plate looks almost smooth. And to answer Easicat no trem is not bad but as I said earlier the design needs just a wee bit of modification. Rounded corners on the saddle plate frame doesn't make sense. I bought brass saddles and couldn't get the low e to intonate because the left back corner was running into the rounded frame. Pulled the saddle out, rounded that corner off, put clear nail polish on the filed part and installed it. Now it intonates.

Back