Just bought a Santana Retro!

I know. Will see how it goes. I'm 50 in November. Still feel like I'm 25. This purchase wasn't supposed to happen until closer to November but then this showed up.

With all the early birthday presents I've bought myself, I must be hundreds of years old.

"You're hundreds of years old without the presents, Les."

"Then I'm thousands of years old."

"That's OK, you live once. Be good to yourself."

Christ, I know I'm not as old, but just realised I've only got 5 years until I'm 50 - hardly had time to adjust to not considering myself in my 30s anymore.
Today I bought a skateboard so I could play with my kids who got them for Christmas. It's only been 20 years since I last got on one.
I smell a broken wrist in your future. I almost ordered a PK Ripper 29" to relive my BMX glory days of the past. I knew what I'd want to try on it. At 53, I decided against it. Shocking turn of events, for me.

Congrats, great top for a Non-10!

Just make sure you thoroughly check it out before storing it for your birthday. I figure this inspection/play testing process should last about 10 months just to be sure :D

Santanas are absolute beasts! You should really just play it now before it eats all your other guitars ... which it will.

Then in November, you can get yourself some picks or strings for your birthday. Maybe a strap ... :rolleyes:

Duuude!!! I commend your self control. That beauty just begs to be fondled!!o_O

My birthday is on the 19th of this month. I ordered a few goodies from the accessory store and my wife tells me it's my birthday present. Pfft...as soon as my little box of trinkets shows up, I'm ripping into it like a fat kid left alone with a chocolate cake. No way in hell I could exert that kind of self control. Nope not even close.

I got 20 bucks that says he doesn't make it past the end of the month...any takers?:D:p

Back