Just Between Us

My last sentence was derived from a comment that the artist and sculptor Alexander Archipenko made to my dad when he was at Archipenko's studio and bought the artist's personal copy of a cast of 'Woman Combing Her Hair' with a deep blue patina. During the visit my dad told Archipenko that his work reminded him of Picasso. Archipenko immediately responded: "You mean Picasso reminds you of ME!"

My last sentence was derived from a comment that the artist and sculptor Alexander Archipenko made to my dad when he was at Archipenko's studio and bought the artist's personal copy of a cast of 'Woman Combing Her Hair' with a deep blue patina. During the visit my dad told Archipenko that his work reminded him of Picasso. Archipenko immediately responded: "You mean Picasso reminds you of ME!"
Haha! That's AWESOME.

The horn sounds sound organic, like there is actually air moving through an instrument! Theirs a timbre there that is really pleasing!
Troubador, I wish I could take credit for it, but the real credit for the realism and programming of that sample belongs to Spitfire Audio, whose Albion Solstice brass samples respond in a very natural way to the player.

Worth checking out if you're into this stuff! :)

My Dad openly admits he is influenced by the artist Samuel Palmer.

One of his latest sketches -

He often jokes that he will become famous after his passing. He says most artists aren’t discovered until they’re in the ground.

My Dad openly admits he is influenced by the artist Samuel Palmer.

One of his latest sketches -

He often jokes that he will become famous after his passing. He says most artists aren’t discovered until they’re in the ground.
I like that a lot.

My dad drew some when I was very little.
He started again after he had a stroke and couldn't get meaningful use of his right (and dominant) hand back. He picked up some paint and started drawing scenes on pottery cups with his left hand to train it to do detailed things.

Last edited:
I like that a lot.

My dad drew some when I was very little.
He started again after he had a stroke and couldn't get meaningful use of his right (and dominant) hand back. I picked up some paint and started drawing scenes on pottery cups with his left hand to train it to do detailed things.

My Pops draws and paints in several different styles.

Rather than hi-jack László’s thread I’ll PM you some more pics via instagram.

Back