Just a 1/4 turn

Very impressive Santana, @11top - you never disappoint! I feel the same way as @jxe, which obviously worries me a tad bit :D

Do you dial in your truss rod by feel OR do you use feeler gauges OR do you do the "capo on the 1st fret, depress the fret where the neck joins the body - and then see if there's just a bit of plink on the 7th"? I use the latter, although one man's plink is another man's plunk, so they say. :rolleyes:

Yeah yeah, you wanted to tell us about a quarter of a turn of the truss rod, yeah sure...
;)

Now, do you stand with PRS specifics (0,25 mm i think, seems low to me) or you have your own?

Yeah yeah, you wanted to tell us about a quarter of a turn of the truss rod, yeah sure...
;)

Now, do you stand with PRS specifics (0,25 mm i think, seems low to me) or you have your own?
Guidelines are nice, but each guitar IS different so I tend to use my own judgement on these kinds of things. It it feels good, sounds good and looks good, then I’m a happy camper.

It surprises me how much a 1/4 turn of the truss rod can bring the actIon to magic. I made that slight adjustment this morning, and man this plays smoothly (see what I did there) and effortlessly. Plus, it gives me a chance to show off this beauty again. Anybody like Santana’s, BTW?

DRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL............

What were you talking about ???? Oh yeah truss rod adjustments... I love the PRS double action truss rods. I normally only have to adjust twice a year ever so slightly for the most part. I also understand what Sergio is saying. When you want to keep your action perfect it’s easier to keep TRC off, and make small adjustments. My problem is I like putting custom TRC’s on my guitars.

DRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL............

What were you talking about ???? Oh yeah truss rod adjustments... I love the PRS double action truss rods. I normally only have to adjust twice a year ever so slightly for the most part. I also understand what Sergio is saying. When you want to keep your action perfect it’s easier to keep TRC off, and make small adjustments. My problem is I like putting custom TRC’s on my guitars.

And they’re really hard to take on and off. :rolleyes:

I’m available at a really reasonable price if anyone needs lessons.

;)

When I get a new PRS, I usually reset the TR right away. I like a smidge flatter board.

And honestly, I pulled this guitar out this morning, began to play, and thought the action was a frog hair too high. So, I spent hours removing the TRC (I’m still bleeding a little) and cranked the rod a quarter turn. Like magic, it came to life. AND, it gave me a reason to post a couple of pics (shameless self promotion, I know). ;)

Very impressive Santana, @11top - you never disappoint! I feel the same way as @jxe, which obviously worries me a tad bit :D

Do you dial in your truss rod by feel OR do you use feeler gauges OR do you do the "capo on the 1st fret, depress the fret where the neck joins the body - and then see if there's just a bit of plink on the 7th"? I use the latter, although one man's plink is another man's plunk, so they say. :rolleyes:

I do the “capo” (Use my fingers tho) thing and just like a sliver of daylight.

It surprises me how much a 1/4 turn of the truss rod can bring the actIon to magic. I made that slight adjustment this morning, and man this plays smoothly (see what I did there) and effortlessly. Plus, it gives me a chance to show off this beauty again. Anybody like Santana’s, BTW?

The nicest I’ve seen! Oh.... and yes ;)

Back