June Jam Track

jjpish68

Since May went so well.....lol lets try this one more time before we pack away the idea.

Below is a link to a Jam Track, download the track make it your own and post it up here for everyone to take a listen.

June's track is a Surf Rock Style track.

Have Fun Hope to hear a few....

https://soundcloud.com/user-609381027/surf-bm

Thanks for doing this , last month life and travel got in the way and to be honest the Doors just aren't my thing , I tried but nothing of note would come out.

Thanks for doing this , last month life and travel got in the way and to be honest the Doors just aren't my thing , I tried but nothing of note would come out.
Honestly I tried to get something I liked last month too and I just wasn't happy with anything I came up with. I spent this rainy day searching for some good backing tracks for moving forward and saved them to folder for future use. This surf one could be fun and I noodled around a little today trying to come up with some ideas.

Here's my first pass at this months track. 2005 CU24 with Jim Wagner Godwood pickups Fender Mustang III into Audiobox recording in Cakewalk Sonar X3. Using some of the waves Abbey Road Collection plugins in mixing.

https://soundcloud.com/offroad-luke/dawn-patrol

oowkZi3.jpg

Last edited:
This was FUN!!! I haven't done surf in forever. In the mid-90's I had a surf-rock band with my brother called the Mystery Men. We had a good time. This reminded me of those days....

I used my gold S2 Standard with GF Surf 90s. For the amp I used my Line 6 Helix rack on a Vox AC15 model. All I did was take and bump the drive a bit and put a '63 Spring Reverb between the amp and cab. Instant surf goodness!!! Back in the Mystery Men days I used a real Fender spring reverb tank with a blackface Tremolux and a P90 equipped Hamer Special - GREAT rig, even if it didn't look traditional, lol.

I approached each section separately like it's own 'chapter' in the epic tale of taking a mega ride on a sweet wave under the moonlight. Corny, but often when I am playing instrumental music I need a "theme" in order to develop melodic content.

I recorded my Helix into a channel of my analog console, which takes a bus channel and feeds a Focusrite Sapphire Pro 40. My DAW is ProTools 12. In PT I loaded the backing tracking and processed it with an RS56 EQ plug-in to give it a bit of sparkle. I also ran a parallel compression track using am 1176 Limiter. I tend to do that a lot - I like how it keeps things "fat" with sacrificing clarity. The guitars were bussed and treated with an SSL4000 channel. They were also sent to the parallel compression channel. I ran a separate parallel reverb Aux to give a little more depth to the track. This was blended in very lightly. I used the Abbey Roads Plate Reverb plug-in from Waves. I just pulled up a preset from the "strings" menu. Last bit of post-processing was done on the master bus. Here I inserted the Lurssen Mastering plug-in from IK Multimedia. I used an "Americana" preset, tweaked a little to fine tune what I wanted to hear, and DONE!!

Here's my take. Hope you enjoy as much as I did making it!!! Of to do the other months!!!!

https://soundcloud.com/mdenman/late-night-ride

the guitar I used:

This was FUN!!! I haven't done surf in forever. In the mid-90's I had a surf-rock band with my brother called the Mystery Men. We had a good time. This reminded me of those days....

I used my gold S2 Standard with GF Surf 90s. For the amp I used my Line 6 Helix rack on a Vox AC15 model. All I did was take and bump the drive a bit and put a '63 Spring Reverb between the amp and cab. Instant surf goodness!!! Back in the Mystery Men days I used a real Fender spring reverb tank with a blackface Tremolux and a P90 equipped Hamer Special - GREAT rig, even if it didn't look traditional, lol.

I approached each section separately like it's own 'chapter' in the epic tale of taking a mega ride on a sweet wave under the moonlight. Corny, but often when I am playing instrumental music I need a "theme" in order to develop melodic content.

I recorded my Helix into a channel of my analog console, which takes a bus channel and feeds a Focusrite Sapphire Pro 40. My DAW is ProTools 12. In PT I loaded the backing tracking and processed it with an RS56 EQ plug-in to give it a bit of sparkle. I also ran a parallel compression track using am 1176 Limiter. I tend to do that a lot - I like how it keeps things "fat" with sacrificing clarity. The guitars were bussed and treated with an SSL4000 channel. They were also sent to the parallel compression channel. I ran a separate parallel reverb Aux to give a little more depth to the track. This was blended in very lightly. I used the Abbey Roads Plate Reverb plug-in from Waves. I just pulled up a preset from the "strings" menu. Last bit of post-processing was done on the master bus. Here I inserted the Lurssen Mastering plug-in from IK Multimedia. I used an "Americana" preset, tweaked a little to fine tune what I wanted to hear, and DONE!!

Here's my take. Hope you enjoy as much as I did making it!!! Of to do the other months!!!!

the guitar I used:

Dude! Nailed it! Listening to this made me think about From Dusk Till Dawn! Must have been the reverb soaked coolness!

Awesome man!!! Thanks for Jammin along hope this inspires more to join in this month.

Dying !!!!
I want to listen to what others have done but Im waiting till i have something :)

Ooh, B minor. Time to get out the 7-string.

I'm so bipolar when it comes to recording. When the inspiration comes, it's strong, but then I'll be totally disinterested for long stretches.

I've been in blues mode the last month, trying to get a new band going, so the Doors style wasn't doing it for me.

I know. Excuses, excuses. Get off yer ass, Garrett, and record a damn song!

I haven't played in a few weeks so sloppy as hell but I like it as is clams and all for some reason.
Used the MkV again - MK1 mode for the rhythm and MK4 mode for the lead with the Wha ( Morley Bad Horsie ) held down with a 4ib weight :) 5 mins is a long time to hold a wha down it seems ;)

Guitar 408 Standard with a rosewood neck

added 2 tracks
1) Was a second rhythm follows the chord but just the E and B strings with the trem being used the hole time
2) First pass - its just what came out left it as is.

Really had fun on this one now I can listen to all yours

https://soundcloud.com/the-pedal-guy/prs-surf-ver-2

I haven't played in a few weeks so sloppy as hell but I like it as is clams and all for some reason.
Used the MkV again - MK1 mode for the rhythm and MK4 mode for the lead with the Wha ( Morley Bad Horsie ) held down with a 4ib weight :) 5 mins is a long time to hold a wha down it seems ;)

Guitar 408 Standard with a rosewood neck

added 2 tracks
1) Was a second rhythm follows the chord but just the E and B strings with the trem being used the hole time
2) First pass - its just what came out left it as is.

Really had fun on this one now I can listen to all yours

https://soundcloud.com/the-pedal-guy/prs-surf-ver-2

Sounding great!

Back