Johnny hiland signature.

Felixsingstad

Hello! I have bought a "used" Prs johnny hiland signature without the 10top mark at the back of the head, but after sending an email to the customer service, said that the serialnumber that is written on the neckplate is an actual 10top. How come there is no "10" number on the headstock?

I didn't think there would be a 10 top option, since his sig was basically a modified CE24. Bolt-ons back then didn't have any writing on the headstock.

The early Hilands with neck plate serial numbers & 10-tops have a little "10" stamp in the wood in the corner. It's possible it slipped through the QC process without getting the stamp as it is kind of a subtle detail. Like this one:

h6kklpvjbwl8gdw6c6sz.jpg

Late model Hiland guitars had the serial number & "10" written on the back of the headstock, like on this one:

dadkouwd1pktt0vkyied.jpg

I will post the pictures of mine later on this evening. (Norway) Mine have the serial number stamped on the neck plate. As i look really close on the back of the head with a flashlight, i can see something that may look like a 10 number. But almost look like it is worn away.

Last edited:
Back