John Mayer tonight.

So the show was excellent, as expected. Seems like he has zoned in on a favorite guitar as he played the mod sand (?) one all night save for two songs with a green one, and three songs with the blue HH Floyd guitar for heavier stuff; the Charvel one with the big Powell McGill sticker on it. For me the Charvel guitar killed, sounded so good, I wish he would someday do his ‘heavy’ album. He did a bunch of acoustic stuff but I am not as good at calling out acoustic models but it appeared to be at least several different ones.

The band was terrific and he gave each guitar player room to shine. Last show of the tour and they seemed really into the music. you really have to see him live to understand just how great a player he is, every song he just wailed on, and his vibrato is so huge when he shakes the neck.

And because Steve opened the thread recently, the opening act was a band called Alexander23. Never heard of them and they were entertaining but not epic. Good set though from some young guys, sounded Mayer-esque to me, good enough that I downloaded their album on Apple Music to check out.

Last edited:
h1pgEEQ.jpg

cqmH7wU.jpg

y1Iawm7.jpg

cpGwGbx.jpg

IstVOD6.jpg

zbBPHiG.jpg

7DmO716.jpg

Back